Streaming a live feed to a DLP projector

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Bare with me ... Any TV / AV / techs / Geeks out there in RB land?

I have been tasked to sort out the live streaming at an event next year. Already have a DLP projector (2600 lumens) and screen (100" diagonal)just need to sort out the rest.

So far I have worked out through trial and error I can use a USB HD webcam fed into a laptop running OBS Studio to give a video feed out through the hdmi port. That was the fairly easy and cheap part, now I need to get the signal 30m to the projector.

Searching on t'web I found these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-Ext ... B002ECYEYA which appear to be up to transmiting an HD signal over the distance I have. I guess getting the best shielded CAT6 patch cables I can will help with signal loss / interference. Then I can feed an HDMI straight into the projector and Bobs-your-uncle.

Must add the event will be indoors with not the best lighting. Camera and screen locations are both fixed so cannot move them closer.

Is there anything I have missed before I buy the stuff? Don't want to spend lots of dosh to find it doesn't / will never work

Re:

Hello REKIBorter,
Just tried to PM you but it failed for some reason.
See you're looking at quite a long cable run but can you PM me the throw distance between the projector and the screen you're using and I'll take a look because 2600 ANSI might not be adequate?
You say the lighting isn't that good, is that because it's a bright environment - bad - or quite dark....

Also when next year are looking at as I might have an idea we could test before?

Cheers

Re:

I may have overcome the lighting at the camera end by using a Logitec C920 webcams, works wonders in low light. There will be some lighting so I am sure it will be fine. The screen end is going to have some lighting but should be okay with the projector power I have to work with. Now decided I should be using two cameras, picture-in-picture, but OBS makes it easy to do. The throw distance is 4.5m onto a 120" screen so within parameters. The only part of the setup that has not been tested yet is the HDMI extender over 30m.

The big day is September 9th so plenty of time to test beforehand.

Re:

How long is the event on for and drop me a line June time and I'll see if I can help.

Take it it's Norfolk way?

Re:

It's for a couple of hours, it's an organ recital. I am in Bedfordshire.

Re:

is there a WiFi network available? perhaps you can use a Google Chromecast to get the video from the laptop to the DLP??? it can be done with a Smartphone.

Back