Hendrix

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Which ever way you spell it, he broke all the moulds.

2e33e46.jpg

Re:

When I listen to his music, I can't get my head around the speed of him, let alone hear all the notes. Some of his clean, undriven work is just wonderful, as well as the more familiar, well known tracks

Re:

I remember when I first discovered Hendrix in my mid teens whilst everyone else was listening to techno.I got so into his music that for 2 or so years I had a recurring dream about travelling back in time to the Isle of Wight festival and warning Jimi about his soon demise-but he ignored my advice and I always woke up feeling deflated,as if I failed a once in a lifetime opportunity.I put him in the same league as the Great Composers.

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":30n9f311 said:
I remember when I first discovered Hendrix in my mid teens whilst everyone else was listening to techno.I got so into his music that for 2 or so years I had a recurring dream about travelling back in time to the Isle of Wight festival and warning Jimi about his soon demise-but he ignored my advice and I always woke up feeling deflated,as if I failed a once in a lifetime opportunity.I put him in the same league as the Great Composers.

Now THAT is a dvd worth getting, IoW

Mike

Re:

I was lucky enough to see him play live at the Fillmore Auditorium in SF in '67. He was top billed, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers were second billed, and Albert King opened the show. We took some purple acid waiting in line for the show, and just came on to it when Jimi hit the stage... :cool:

Re:

Lock the thread. That is the greatest anecdote I ever read!

(I won't mention sitting with Jimi at Woodstock watching Joplin. Thanks Psilocybin..)

Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":4r3e256m said:
I was lucky enough to see him play live at the Fillmore Auditorium in SF in '67. He was top billed, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers were second billed, and Albert King opened the show. We took some purple acid waiting in line for the show, and just came on to it when Jimi hit the stage... :cool:
:shock: this makes all bucket lists null and void.

Re:

I also saw Jimi the year before at my college, UCLA...

Attachments

• Old Bands.png
    Old Bands.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 623
Re:

Unfortunately before my time so never saw him, but can't say I've ever heard anyone make a guitar sing like he could.

Back