What are the Police for?

firedfromthecircus

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Cleland Fan
Feedback
View
Just back from a nice off road ride.
Unfortunately if I want to ride from the house (and I do) I have to do a mile or so on the road before my first exit point. Now it is not uncommon to encounter people of dubious parentage who should not be in charge of motorised vehicles on these short road sections. But todays was a peach. The lorry that decided to pass me had to pull over while he was still alongside due to an oncoming car. I wasn't far from going under the back wheels as he did so, and I'm pretty sure the oncoming car had to brake. But worst of all the oncoming car was a Police car with two officers inside. Looked like it could have even been traffic. So did they do anything about the errant lorry driver? Did they ****! :evil:
What is the point of the Police if they won't even do anything about stuff happening right in front of their eyes? Fizzing! :evil: :evil:

I would ring my local nick and complain citing road, location, time etc and get a complaint number - they can't be that disinterested!!

Re:

Bicyclists are often viewed as a nuisance on the streets, fit to be disregarded, derided, or even abused.

I wonder what they would of done if you had of been riding on the pavement if there was any

Wouldn't the traffic car have video footage? I'd call 101 and report that you nearly got dragged under the wheels of a lorry and mention that there was a traffic car nearby that'll have the footage.

Easy_Rider":2rd8mrus said:
Wouldn't the traffic car have video footage? I'd call 101 and report that you nearly got dragged under the wheels of a lorry and mention that there was a traffic car nearby that'll have the footage.

That did cross my mind, though I'm not certain it was a traffic car. It was certainly larger than you would expect from a panda car but who knows. My main issue though is that video is secondary to the fact that 2 officers witnessed it with their own eyes. I expressed astonishment to them with hand signals and they just drove on. There was a suitable area for them to turn not far up the road. They could easily have come back and spoken to me and then followed the lorry. It's the kind of road where it would be easy to catch it up. But they did **** all! :evil:

Even panda cars have anpr in these days, near me they do anyway. I would have thought most areas do now so whatever happened will have been on video surely?

Back