Looking to buy a multi-tool / Swiss Army knife.

Rampage

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm thinking of buying a multi-tool (Gerber / Leatherman / Heckler & Koch etc) or a Swiss Army style knife.
I'm insure what to get, I want a knife, saw and maybe scissors.
I don't know if I will use pliers!
Any advice please?
Thanks!

If you really need / want a multi-tool then I'd think you're better off with a Gerber than a Swiss Army Knife; I think the screwdriver blade is the only extra one I've actually used on my Swiss Army Knife in twenty years. The pliers on a Gerber are admittedly pretty usable, but really most of the extra bits and pieces on these knives are of dubious utility.

Personally I prefer an Opinel No 8 - cheaper, lighter and much better as a knife than any of the above. Mine also works as a flat blade screwdriver since the very tip was broken off about a decade ago but I wouldn't recommend it for that!

Re:

Leatherman Wave, only let down by the chocolate main blade :?

£100 @ Tiso's but £60 @ the Co-op or was it Tesco?????
Shop around, would I have another one YES.

Definitely recommend a Leatherman wave, find it invaluable at work, it could tell some stories ;)

Had it almost 17 years now and still going strong.

What ever you finally decide on just make sure it's genuine as i've had a few imitations over the years which family or friends have bought me and are all either hidden in a draw some where or binned and the only decent one i've ever owned was a small very basic swiss army knife which consisted of 1 blade , tooth pick and a combi nail file n flat screwdriver which i found back in 1998 and i've not owned it for about 10 years now as the Mrs claimed it :cry: ..

Latest posts

Back