Olympics: Get Over It Already, It's Just A Bronze..

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
You would think they had won a Nobel Prize, the way they are carrying on. Since when did coming third demand so many news headlines?

Or is celebrity status the overriding concern for the Beeb now?

What on earth is the practical benefit of synchronized diving anyway?

Mind you, one could pose a similar question about beach volleyball..

Re:

Firstly I'm no fan of BBC coverage of sport as generally they have someone presenting who has no idea of the sports that interest me. Chris Boardman and Rob Hayles being exceptions.

BUT

I for one, have won no Olympic medals but would be over the moon if I had.
What's your tally, hf?

Mike

I guess you can't take a potshot at New Direction, or Picasso, on that basis.

Never won a bronze, but I suppose they could melt it down and get a toast rack out of it.

He probably scuppered his chances if a gold deliberately to stay in the public sympathy sights, and because it's a better match for his tan. Losers.

Re:

I have spent many a great day and night at parties, thoroughly enjoyed them; but I would be very happy to have nothing at all to do with Tom Daley's poop party. Just thought I would make that clear, lest the issue be fudged.

Re:

I think the point HF is trying to make is that to get headline news the athlete(s) should get a gold medal, headline news for coming third is really lowering the mark by a very long way...

Exactly. He does a TV show. Things have changed from times when olympians were engaged in a noble struggle against the odds.

Now the odds have it.

Back