Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
In or out?

I think out. The only way to punish a STATE sponsored doping regime is to punish the whole STATE . Of course it's unfair for clean Russian athletes, but it's unfair for whole federations who do their best to put forward clean athletes for competition.
It will also send a signal to Putin, that he can't intimidate every organization he sees fit to. Whether they be involved in sport, or whole countries
Do the IOC have the balls to stand up to him? We'll find out on Friday

Your thoughts folks

Mike

Re:

I agree but also very, very much doubt they are the only ones, and I include GB in this.

Obviously the more purely physical and less skill based sports are more likely to be dodgy

Taking athletics, and say middle to long distance, 1500m to 10000m, I bet 90% of the top, say, 50 times in history are PED powered

Out for sure
Those that take it upon themselves to cheat in sports deserve all they get, but for a country to undermine the ethos of fair play and sportsmanship beggars belief it shouldn't be just this olympics but any major sporting event for the next 10 years such is the seriousness of their actions. This may affect the innocents but those that can prove they are innocent of any wrong doing can compete under the flag of the IOC.

kingbling":xwys6til said:
. This may affect the innocents but those that can prove they are innocent of any wrong doing can compete under the flag of the IOC.

They can also compete for a different country. I guess by taking out dual nationality.
I know of a Russian brother and sister who compete for different countries, in winter biathlon. Ironic given that the investigation started after the winter Olympics in Sochi
The lengths they went to, to cover up astounds me.

Mike

Re:

I also find it sad that it's not for purely amateurs any more.

I suppose there is no clear way to define an amateur.

Professional sports people already get paid for competing along with bonuses and world championships to compete for, and reap the benefits from.

But I'm not going to start that thread!

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":lte8yzbk said:
k-rod":lte8yzbk said:
good thing politicians don't lie or cheat!

Where have you been since time began? :LOL: :LOL:

ya - things sure have changed over the recent decades ...

... and now, not only has the line between amateur and professional been completely de-materialized ... so too shall we soon be watching competitions whereby men (males) who think/feel they are women (fe-male) and wear dresses, will be competing directly against their (actual) female counterparts ...

and how fair is that?

[/quote]
and how fair is that?[/quote]

totally fair as long as they are castrated, run in high heels, spend an hour + in the bathroom have odd times of the month where they persecute men cry for no reason and piss blood from their arseholes…

No its ridiculous it would degrade women and women's sport.

and how fair is that?[/quote]

totally fair as long as they are castrated, run in high heels, spend an hour + in the bathroom have odd times of the month where they persecute men cry for no reason and piss blood from their arseholes…

No its ridiculous it would degrade women and women's sport.[/quote]

Was that really necessary?

How uncouth.

Back