Any motorbikers on here? Quick bit of advice needed....

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Not about motorbikes themselves, sorry.

Has anybody any idea where is the best place to sell a brand new helmet I bought, I've tried it on ebay and nobody even looks at it, let alone makes an offer. It's brand new in the box, and I should never have bought it really, it was for an event where I thought I was going to be a pillion, then it never happened.

Shop won't take it back as there's no fault with it, obviously! Does anybody know if there's a specific website or selling board for stuff like this? I mean, as opposed to advertising it in Motorcycle News, which I suppose is an option, but I would like to start with any free sites. It's already cost me £150 :facepalm:

You won't find many people that will buy second hand helmets. All it takes is one little drop to weaken a lid making it useless if you were to have a accident. I for one would never buy a second hand lid no matter how much the seller told me it hasn't been dropped etc.. I think a lot of others feel exactly the same.
The only people that are likely to buy a used helmet are the teens on their angry wasps. However, they don't want to spend that much on a helmet or probably can't afford.

Good luck with sale. May just be worth hanging on to it and passing on as a gift or whatever? Or get yourself to a few races and have some riders sign it. That should work if all else fails.

Leigh

Re:

Yep, appreciate all that, but you couldn't get much more guarantee that it was totally new than the tags hanging off it still...in it's bag and box too. It's not exactly 'secondhand' but I suppose there's no reason why anyone else would believe that, which is the problem for the reasons you state, one drop could damage it...

I'm a member on the Performance Bikes forum Kaz, want me to stick it up on there for you and give it a go?
:)

Re:

Eh up, yeah that would be great! :D

I'll PM you details later, at the mo I'm drinking cider and trying to get a bike put together....the bike's p*ssed, and me? I've now got a very nice rear derailleur..... :LOL:

Back