Store in a cool dry place....

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
....why? :?

Just noticed this on the back of a packet of crisps. Not letting the packet get too hot I can perhaps understand, but dry? How the hell is water going to get into a sealed plastic packet??

Discuss. Plus any other food related statements that may annoy you that I haven't thought of.

:mrgreen:

Re: Re:

RobMac":3ngk1wov said:
A packet of peanuts saying "Warning may contain nuts" :?

Sounds silly but it's because peanuts are not actually strictly speaking nuts at all... and nor are loads of other "nuts"!

Totally arbitrary use by dates are my main food related annoyance - you know the kind, on tinned or dried food that will likely be perfectly edible several decades hence! Current record for me is the jar of cardamom pods which I bought whilst at university - BBE 20 odd years ago and they still taste great (sadly I've almost finished them...)

did you know, that if there is a tiny little 'K' with a circle around it on your food packaging (ie: for example, on a bottle of ketchup label, perhaps) ... that's not a trademark mark, but an indication to observant Jewish consumers that that particular food product is officially 'koshure approved' ... and you and I and every other non-Jewish consumer out there are paying a two to three cents premium on each and every product that has that mark on it, in behalf of the Jewish lobby groups and consumers... ➡️

Its a shame that the food producers/packagers/marketers aren't that diligent with GMO labeling on products.

:facepalm:

k-rod":259qfbvi said:
did you know, that if there is a tiny little 'K' with a circle around it on your food packaging (ie: for example, on a bottle of ketchup label, perhaps) ... that's not a trademark mark, but an indication to observant Jewish consumers that that particular food product is officially 'koshure approved' ... and you and I and every other non-Jewish consumer out there are paying a two to three cents premium on each and every product that has that mark on it, in behalf of the Jewish lobby groups and consumers... ➡️

Its a shame that the food producers/packagers/marketers aren't that diligent with GMO labeling on products.

:facepalm:

Easy tiger,

Farage has just crawled back into his hole. Wouldn't want to tempt him back out, would we!

Or marmite, honey, salt, sugar all of which will last essentially for ever if they are packaged properly. If they aren't packaged properly they wont even last to the best before date.

My record is marmite that expired in 2006, i was eating it in 2015. (the jar got pushed to the back of a cupboard, then replaced, then reappeared during a clear out)

Record for honey is about 5 millennia......

OH, and for what it's worth, crisp packets will begin to break down if kept warm and wet. If its just warm the crisps might start to cook again (very slowly). Adding water to it will increase the amount of heat you can transfer to the bag.

Back