Ok so I know I ask a lot of questions, but kick scooter/bike

Leighcal

Retro Guru
Does anyone dabble? By this I mean does anyone have one they use just for messing around on?
I'm always thinking of ways to utilise what I have lying around. I have enough wheels, frames, bits and bats to probably make my own, the way I want it. I can change whatever I don't like and try new things as and when. I've got some frames that I wouldn't waste my energy riding them. Cheap full suss, you know the type. I was thinking of trying a 24" front wheel on a 26" frame, with correct forks for front wheel but using rigid not suspension. Making a base out of some old iron I have lying around and then maybe use a full suss rear swing arm May be upside down with a smaller rear wheel. I have a few choices for this from 12"-26". All the ones I've seen run this set up and seems to work well for others. If, more when I start it will be just a case of plenty of mock ups and testing to see what feels best.
Was thinking of using it in my local woods, can go from top, downhill for a good half mile, choosing different track with different terrain and a good few jumps.
The thinking about it and how I'm imagining it is the only thing to have got me motivated these past few days, it's all just a case of time and getting time to do a bit of mocking up.
If it is something that I end up enjoying I will probably use a better frame and other stuff and build another with a better spec.

Any ideas gratefully taken on board.

Leigh

Back