Scottish independence, closer now?

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Give the referendum result, and generally thought to be the result Scotland didn't want, is this more likely?

Over to you, MacRetro! ;)

Mike

Re:

Scotland never wanted to leave the EU, they just wanted to leave the dumb, moronic, retrograde English and now I can't say I blame them :( :facepalm:

Also NI politicians are looking to leave 'GB' now

Much, much further away.

She's lost two referendums in two years. She's got no balls for another as she can't guarantee winning it. Plus the Scotland/EU situation is very murky and time consuming, and Brexit will be taking centre stage for some years to come.

Further to that, if Holland or France or anyone else agitate for their own vote, why the **** would Scotland want to join a clearly sinking ship?

technodup":42hwbg9k said:
Further to that, if Holland or France or anyone else agitate for their own vote, why the f**k would Scotland want to join a clearly sinking ship?

You think that others may follow?

RickTheUncivil":1i8klg8u said:
technodup":1i8klg8u said:
Further to that, if Holland or France or anyone else agitate for their own vote, why the f**k would Scotland want to join a clearly sinking ship?

You think that others may follow?
Unless the EU do something to quell the rise of the euro-skeptic parties on the continent I think it's inevitable. You've got several euro-skeptic governments, Le Pen in France, the Dutch lot I forget the name, they're all looking at us and wanting to emulate us.

As ever we've shown the way. Others will follow. The EU is in it's biggest crisis ever (of many).

I tend to agree. When the singer and lead guitarist leave a band it is often the beginning of the end. I see no reason we cannot forge ahead with other, more attractive, arrangements with our neighbours.

As for Scottish independence, the vote can now be won.

I am not sure we need it though. I quite like the idea of helping England, Wales and that part of North Eastern Ireland stick it to the patronising, threatening dwellers of the shady corridors.

The Man Who Would Be King.

We fought together in most of the important battles.

Let's go get 'em!

They don't like it up 'em!

Back