the master at work on jango's wheels

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
jango took some pics of me while i was building some wheels for him loverly xt hubs m737r/m738f laced to some pingy :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sun cr17a rims using dt swiss double spokes ow cool :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00141 (Large).JPG
    DSC00141 (Large).JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,525
  • DSC00142 (Large).JPG
    DSC00142 (Large).JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,525
  • DSC00143 (Large).JPG
    DSC00143 (Large).JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,525
I think I have always been worried about building my own wheels. Is it as hard as it looks? Do you have to sit under a waterfall wrapped in the hide of a freshly sacrificed oxen for ten hours to cleanse the soul before you start? I have always wanted to try but since I moved to the midlands from the SW, waterfalls (and indeed oxen) are hard to find.

the day of the wheel build i must get up out of the left side of the bed then open my curterans left first then right cold shower using dove tripple moisture shower cream then have not on not two but three cups of tea by the hour of 9am then medditate building new bikes not old at work till i get home then put on some whale songs while i lace them then stop have another tea cleanse my mind with with some yoga then put on some audioslave and start at this point im in the wheel trance like a jazz trance but fully controled not eratic so i cant say what i do i just know its good :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: im only idding matey its easy to learn just really hard to perfect ;) ;)

the day of the wheel build i must get up out of the left side of the bed then open my curterans left first

ahhh....that's where you went wrong....... ;)

seriously though they look like nice wheels to me. :cool:

if I can get some rim tape in time I'll give 'em a test at Chicksands on Thursday.

I think your real challenge lies with the second set of wheels you're doing for me :twisted:

So good he can build wheels laying side ways :shock: :LOL: (in the first two pictures) Shame I don't live nearer. I'd could do with some wheels being built up soonish :(

And.........it's hard to tell from the pics, but he 's playin' the theme from the Deer Hunter on the spokes, too!

Back