90th birthdays

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
I make no apology for not celebrating the Queens birthday, my own opinion is that if anyone should live to 90, it really should be her. Barring assassination, there's no reason she shouldn't, given that the best medical professionals in the world are open to her needs. I have nothing against her personally, it's an accident of birth.
David Attenborough? If I were in a position to, I'd gladly buy him lunch, and would love to spend just an hour in his company. Absolutely fascinating man.
Anyone of us normal souls who are fortunate to live that long, should be celebrated more for managing to live to 90, given what they would have had to go through to do so, being able to afford to feed themselves and stay warm in winter etc. compared to the Windsors.

What are your thoughts folks?

Mike

My grandad just turned 92. from the age of 13 to 65, he worked as a diary farmer, with 1 weeks holiday a year. Honestly, just one week a year. 12 hour days, 7 days a week.

His hearing has gone a little, but his mind, and wicked sense of humour are still sharp as a tack. He goes on a 2-3 mile walk a couple times a week. he's trying to decide what car to buy next.

Seriously, he's in better shape than some 35 year olds that I know.

ANYONE who gets to that age, and still enjoys life should be applauded.

Re:

i don't want to be THAT old yet. but if i had to switch lives with anyone of around that age, it would be David Attenborough!!! what a life, the things he's seen and experienced, and still doing it!!! Just Amazing. if only i could have a life as rich and active as his till that age. *sigh*… only a dream.

I don't think it helps condemning someone for being born into a privilege upbringing.
Everyone deserves to live a good long life regardless of their privileges or lack of.
I would like to live to a good age, but I also want to have filled that life with laughs and smiles,
I'm sure being born into royalty has its challenges, how many royals can go out without having a camera pointed at them.
I wouldn't swap my life for theirs.

Re:

I say all power to them.

None of them chose their lives, the royals.

They are indoctrinated from birth.

Feasting on human flesh and flies.

The Queen mum used to pop into our bar for a pint regularly, she was originally a shipyard welder in Govan. Had LOVE and HATE tattooed on her fingers. Did you ever see her without gloves?

Lovely people, especially Charles who continues to take an interest in matters in the north.

They don't like it up 'em!

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":95lfx349 said:
The Queen mum used to pop into our bar for a pint regularly, she was originally a shipyard welder in Govan. Had LOVE and HATE tattooed on her fingers. Did you ever see her without gloves?
!

Sounds like you are confusing her with Ozzy Osborne, easy mistake to make especially now you are getting on a bit.

Prince phil is in pretty amazing shape for his age.

Re:

This thread isn't intended as a slanging match, I just can't drum up excitement for the celebration.

Re:

my mum's turning 90 later this month ... and she still drives a car (quite well, actually)!

I think anyone who gets to 90 should get a free all inclusive holiday to their chosen destination.
But by the time I'm 90 that's not going to happen with the U.K. Population rising like it is.

Back