Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well thoughts?

I know many hated the trio but I miss them

Would have liked Sabine to be in it more

Alison

I thought it was pathetic. If anything could improve the situation; they ought to make Matt the main presenter.

A piece about each of their background interests in motors would have been more interesting than a cliched rehash of the usual driving shite cars malarky.

Same old to be honest.

Bring back Tif and all would be good.

Re:

I was surprised that Tiff wasnt a presenter on the new TG.He is very good on 5th Gear and a bit of a cad too ;) .The last programme of the new series of Car SOS was on the other night,I really like that show and the 2 presenters(plus I am a soppy git that loves the feel good handover at the end).

Re:

I hope it gets better as the series goes on, no doubt there are plenty of areas to improve upon.
I actually thought Matt LeBlanc was rather good, I'd rather him than Chris Evans Tbh.

Re:

Theres no connection between the presenters, you can tell the old trio were good mates. The humour isnt there either, evans is really irritating and they try to be funny but its just dull... The show is still trying to be run like clarkson hammond and may did but it just doesn't work without them. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Re:

It's the first and second good enough to watch, different voices but give it time for styles and personalities to come out and friendships to form.

The old lot had been going for quite a time.

It's just Evans prancing and voice that are a bit irritating. If he mellowed a bit didn't try to be tfi fecking Friday all the time.

Matt seems fine and once he stops trying to act all the time he'll be good.

See how it goes. I don't care enough to love or hate it. Just a TV show to entertain for half an hour or so.

Re:

I don't see Evans being able to relate to a guy like 'Joey'. I mean, one is a huge international star, the other is a rather nerdy British DJ/TV Celebrity. I was surprised they rocked up as a two man team, rather than adding the dynamic a Jodie Kidd or such would have. I can't see Evans going down particularly well internationally.

Matt, on the one hand, usually has a good script to work from.

Evans is used to winging it, and his TFI personality seems to work for a certain demographic. Not sure how well that translates to Top Gear.

As Fluffy says, give it time.

God knows I spent enough time winging about the old lot, so I ought to be pleased it has changed. ;)

Back