Recommendations for 're-mapping vectra cdti150 2008.

Leighcal

Retro Guru
Maybe not so many people round my kind of area but am sure someone will be able to help.
As title says really. I have a 08 vectra 19cdti Sri xp. My engine management lights I'd on because of egr, I have seen a couple of places offering Celtic maps but they come in at near on £300. I know the Celtic maps are considered to be one of the best out there but I really don't want to spend £300. A 50/50 map would be good as I've seen around 180-190Bhp and 300lb+ torque achieved with these with fuel consumption still been a very respectable 40-50mpg. I DO NOT want to fit a tuning box, I know these are a cheaper alternative but they cause problems.
The car itself is a nice car, bought cheap because it wanted a couple of bits doing and had short mot. The only bits it needs tbh are a couple of bushes, front drop links and a couple of tyres. I gave a grand for the car which is cheap, forecourt prices are 2 grand ish for a standard Sri not the xp. If the car was to fail miserably I could get half my money back for the 19" snowflakes it has on it, which was my thinking when I bought the car.
But I don't think this will happen, just get the usual vectra problems sorted and it should serve me very well.

Any help or advice gratefully received and appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Leigh

Sorry Leigh but like me alot of members won't have the slightest idea about these maps and unless you've already done so
then i'd search for a Vauxhall club online and their is probably one dedicated to Vectra's or better still SRi's where you should be able to get your answer from and the sad thing is alot of people out there hate Vectra's due to them not having a good rep in the past and the other place i can think of that maybe worth a punt online is Honest John so good luck mate and i hope you get it sorted .

Cheers Ian..

Cheers buddy, I know a few people like to. Tinker and I think I've seen somewhere on here a guy that does remapping but is nowhere near me I don't think. Am sure lgf will be along soon with a pointer or 2 in the right direction, he seems to be into all manner of things, especially if they involve moving parts. There's always someone on here that can point you in the right direction for most things so I have no doubt someone will be along soon. I know it's not a car forum but there is a lot of knowledge between folk on here.

Leigh

No probs mate ;) and i know lgf like you say seems to be quite knowledgeable so just maybe he can help and yes their probably is some one on here that knows what you need but theirs no gaurantee they will fnd your post if they mainly go on the readers bikes section and such hence my mentioning trying car forums so your not left waiting an age for an answer mate ..

Yes their is alot of knowledge on this forum that some members know as i'm a member of a certain car forum and one long term member on there is a helicopter mechanic and it's quite surprising how much he knows from his job that comes in handy with cars ..

Ian

Leighcal":y7z2f4sd said:
I could get half my money back for the 19" snowflakes it has on it, which was my thinking when I bought the car.

A true retrobiker :LOL: :LOL:

These 16v engines are good for 200bhp but...

Remapping this engine would probably kill it off if it hasnt go much of a service history.

The throttle body will be black and full of tarry gunk

The inlet manifold will be black and full of tarry gunk

The turbo will probably end up needing replacement

Then there will be the injection system, fuel pump and so on.

I wouldnt bother and would just drive it until something breaks.

*Then theres the swirl flaps! Dont mention the swirl flaps!

Swirl flaps are a pita, I'm gonna blank them off! Same with egr, remap was gonna be economy so around 180-190Bob, had new turbo not long ago, dual mass also done and timing belt around 10k ago.

@lgf, by any chance do you know where and what software I can use to turn eml off? I'm gonna be keeping the car as long as possible so software and relevant cables would be a good investment. It's due mot on Friday but booked in Wednesday and I really need this eml off or they will fail it I'm guessing??? I've tried disconnecting battery but it's still there, spanner light has never come on just eml.

Leigh

From what I can remember, the eml is and advisory and not a fail. Only airbag and abs are fails but even then thats not always the case.

www.vectra-c.com is the place to go for any advice.
There is software readily available to switch things off (called Tech2 I think).

How many miles does it have on it?
DMF, injectors and EGR all lasted around 100k on mine, swirl flap linkage only about 50k but was easy and cheap to repair second time.
Despite their poor regard after Clarksons moans, I don't see them as being any worse than Ford/Vag/Renault/PSA and engine aside mine has been pretty bullet proof.
Still on the original DPF at over 180k!

Latest posts

Back