Bluetooth Cassette - iPhone streaming loveliness

Adruzzz

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I still play and buy audio cassette tapes, stll have one in my car, but sometimes I would like to be able to stream songs from my iPhone when driving... luckily someone was in the same boat as me:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2KJa3-QPSo[/youtube]

I've ordered this off eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222015435242? ... EBIDX%3AIT and hope it's similar to what the fella used in the YouTube vid :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That is soooo 2011...

I used an MP3 cassette that had SD card slot, remote control, rechargeable and everythink!

Well, it wasnt bad anyway!

ULIFE033300_01_L.jpg

Re:

You know there's always someone who has to go one better :LOL: :LOL:

Have you got a link for that little beauty? :D

Re:

I thought I was the only one still using cassettes in my car! :LOL:

Seem to remember plugging in a portable cd player into one of those cassette things too, bitd.

So I can now record onto my micro sd card, (at cost?) put it into the card adapter, then into cassette?
Think I'll continue to record from cd to tape :roll:

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1ltn4a1x said:
So I can now record onto my micro sd card, (at cost?) put it into the card adapter, then into cassette?
Micro SD are (almost literally) pennies. At least in the smaller sizes. 32GB cards can be had for around a fiver and will hold about 4000 songs.

And that's at a bit rate you'd not be able to hear the benefit of except on a decent home hi fi set up. So you could quite easily half the bit rate (to 12:cool: and get 8000 tracks on a 5 quid card...........

Mike Muz 67":h4h3h71r said:
I thought I was the only one still using cassettes in my car! :LOL:

Seem to remember plugging in a portable cd player into one of those cassette things too, bitd.

Think I'll continue to record from cd to tape :roll:

Mike

I listen to them in the house as well Mike, i've got a rather nice vintage Pioneer cassette deck that I adore :D

mattr":la16o0oj said:
Mike Muz 67":la16o0oj said:
Micro SD are (almost literally) pennies. At least in the smaller sizes. 32GB cards can be had for around a fiver and will hold about 4000 songs.

And that's at a bit rate you'd not be able to hear the benefit of except on a decent home hi fi set up. So you could quite easily half the bit rate (to 12:cool: and get 8000 tracks on a 5 quid card...........

Modern technology is truly amazing isn't it :D

Re:

I meant the actual recording costs, not the card. Spotify or itunes or summat similar. Doesn't that cost? Not that I'm tight, just an observation.
Btw, looking forward to the new Red Hot Chili Peppers offering. I'll buy the cd, obviously!

Mike

legrandefromage":am0n0zz7 said:
That is soooo 2011...

I used an MP3 cassette that had SD card slot, remote control, rechargeable and everythink!
Well, it wasnt bad anyway!

I had one exactly like that too... it worked about once then died :( Current car radio is stuck in multi-CD limbo though, too modern for a tape deck and too old for Bluetooth / USB

Mike Muz 67":229tmay6 said:
I meant the actual recording costs, not the card. Spotify or itunes or summat similar. Doesn't that cost? Not that I'm tight, just an observation.
Btw, looking forward to the new Red Hot Chili Peppers offering. I'll buy the cd, obviously!

Mike
Once you've got a PC with a fast ish internet connection and a broken moral compass you can get it for free.

(I buy then rip my own CDs to car/phone/microSD friendly formats, or use spotify.)

And i've not had a car with a tape deck since 2005, i suspect my next company car wouldn't even have a CD slot if i had a choice. My personal car doesn't have one.........

FWIW i spend enough time in the car, and am interested in enough genres of music that the record your own tape solution, or the CD solution, really don't work.

Back