Nite Watches

Never owned or handled one but they look a bit on the pricey side, especially if they have a £2 quartz movement inside.

The lume they use is tritium tubes which keeps glowing through the night but it will fade over time. Tritium has a half life of 12 years I think.

If its the tritium tubes that you like the look of then check out the Marathon range. Better value and nicer designs imo - https://www.pageandcooper.com/brands/marathon/

Re:

I have one Rob - got it 1/2 price in Blacks in Fort Bill on my way back from one of the Coireyairack events approx 6/7 years ago. An early Mk1 MX10. Bloomin heavy it is - wore it when we did the CTC from Bonar Bridge to Ullapool n back and it bruised my manly wrists on day two. Took it off when we stopped at the bothy :shock:

Straps can be a pain to replace (odd fitting) and originals are pricey, as is repair/service work. Second sweep hand has fallen off twice and due to cost of Nite watch repairs I've had it put back on by an Horologist in Forfar. Took 5 mins and he wouldn't accept payment :D

TBH I wouldn't bother. I have bought two "expensive-ish" watches in my time, this being one, the other was a Seiko - both have failed to make the grade.... .... ....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I've deliberately kept quite about feedback other than asking for some.
The reason is I already own a Nite watch its the Hawk T100 and I didn't want to influence anybody's feedback.

Re:

Comfortable, light, stealthy looking, classy, resiliant case, illumination 2nd to none.
As the 3rd year of ownership approached the watch started losing 6 or 7 minutes a day, I thought it was the battery reaching the end of its life (they should last 3 to 4 years) so I stuck it in for a service with Nite.
I got a new battery, seal, strap + pins and pressure tested, when it came back it was still losing 6 or 7 minutes a day. So off for a second time to get checked, they said it didn't lose a second so it came back to me. Now its sitting here next to me showing 3hrs & 25 mins slow over the space of a few weeks. As I picked it up just now to check how slow it was the second hand had stopped till I shook it. So I'm the owner of a none functioning table ornament :?
I may add that because 'they' say there's nothing wrong with the watch its not cost Nite one single penny but has cost me probably into three figures now for what should have been a simple service.

Re:

By comparison I have two sub £25 Lorus watches given as presents about 10 or more years ago and the only thing I've done to them is replaced the straps a few times and the batteries and they keep perfect time. The Nite Hawk cost nearly £300 in 2014 which means the watch isn't 3 years old, more like 2 :facepalm:

Back