UK road fatalities

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Fatalities for pedal cyclists remain constant-ish at around 110 from 2000-2013 whereas pedestrians and motorcyclists have almost halved and car users dropped to nearly a third.

Note that motorcyclists miles went down by 17 % but car (LGV) miles went up by 22 % in last 10 years.

see here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... sv/preview

and in picture form for the hard of thinking. :facepalm:

Discuss.

Attachments

• roads.jpg
    roads.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 560
02gf74":3tosupwo said:

That's dangerous given some of the people on this forum.
You see, this isn't really a cycling forum and it's not generally populated by cyclists. Sure some members are, but a lot are just folk who happen to have mountain biking as a hobby, and their views would fit in quite easily at the bar after a UKIP meeting! :facepalm:

There is a huge increase in cycle commuting, which probably is the riskiest form of riding simply due to it being at peak traffic times and in urban areas with lots of junctions.

I'm really amazed at the halving of pedestrian deaths.

hamster":1sjffv15 said:
I'm really amazed at the halving of pedestrian deaths.

Yes, tis unexpected.

More peds being driven e.g in 4x4 for the school run, peopke getting richer so now can drive.

When i were 17, noone my age had a car, car most kids do.

firedfromthecircus":4ooimf6q said:
You see, this isn't really a cycling forum and it's not generally populated by cyclists. Sure some members are, but a lot are just folk who happen to have mountain biking as a hobby, and their views would fit in quite easily at the bar after a UKIP meeting! :facepalm:

I tinker with my bikes and ride as a hobby, nothing wrong with that mate :D

Adruzzz":3bzi1r8v said:
firedfromthecircus":3bzi1r8v said:

I tinker with my bikes and ride as a hobby, nothing wrong with that mate :D

Fully agree with you Adruzzz, however this thread is closed now that the Out of work Clown has turned into one of those buffoons he writes so admiringly about.
Unless you accept your opinion is worthless and you have nothing of value to add please keep away from the reply button... Move on nothing to see here :roll:

Heaven forbid someone might exist who actually owns a road bike/or even rides a bike on the road, unless you can back it up with 1,000 Strava miles in the last week save your opinion for the bar and share them with Alex Salmon (you know the fella, the opinionated brother of Fred)

However

Fill yah boots and have your say, your comments are as valid as the next man, they are after all just opinions!

Some folks will agree with you, some won't !

Re:

I wonder if it's as a result of cycling becoming far more popular in the last few years

Olympic / Tour success, and roads gradually clogging up more and more with traffic.

FWIW, I ride to work at least 5 days a week, ride for pleasure both on and off road. As well as tinkering with/ building bikes.
No wonder I constantly feel fcuked! :LOL: :LOL: :facepalm:

Mike

Re:

Cycling is cool again ! It's great. Sure things will work out in the long term. There's always a strong resistance to change, especially by motorists. Nowt wrong with a difference of political opinion. Yep, we can all get hot under the collar and RB can be a cathartic release but we are all shades of grey really and share our passion for bikes. I find myself agreeing with much of the anti corporate greed politics of Bernie Sanders, more so than with a nut like Corbyn.

Re:

Uh oh, we're back on politics :roll:

What would Trump do ? :facepalm: :LOL:

Back