Never EVER again....

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I'm sorry, I'm going to rant now, I would rant at somebody else but as you lot are my only social life and contact with the real world....

I've just spent the last 5 days helping my parents move house, from something they had been renting into something they have bought. The details are irrelevant however, I just need to tell you I am never EVER going through that again. Two and a half years ago I helped them move after 50 years in the same house. Went, as we say about these parts, 'like clockwork'.

This time...well I'm still not ready to talk about it, but when I am I need you guys to be there for me....

Re:

Oh dear, sorry to hear they gave you a hard time. :(

My father had to move in with us for a couple of years when he got dementia. That was not a bag of laughs either.

Re:

Thanks guys....

It wasn't them giving me a hard time as such Andy, it was more the situation we found ourselves in, like a comedy of errors, exacerbated by my Mum being a worry head and stresser, which last time I coped with fine...but this time, 2 days in and I was ready to kill anyone that asked me for the time! Not helped by me being probably menopausal and the chap moving out being a total d*ck head with bells on..... :facepalm:

Re:

Take deep breaths and relax, l had to sell a house and pay out the ex,
Went fine till moving day :cry: sad times
But next time I buy a house I won't have to sell one first,,,,win win :facepalm:

Re:

Yeah in fairness I suppose last time was always going to be a piece of pee compared to this, their house sold so quickly and they went in to a lovely rented place that they would happily have stayed in forever (but that suddenly needed to be sold by the landlords for various reasons)

This was more stressy as there were more people involved, who weren't as nice, and they are in their 70s now and just haven't coped as well with buying a property as they might have done 10 years ago...bless them really, I should be proud of them!

I vowed after my last house move that there would not be a next time unless we can afford to pay someone else to do it all for us!
Thanks for reminding me that I still feel this way. After 7 years I had begun to forget how shitty a job it is. :LOL:

Bullpup":2oanp4b9 said:
Drink in large quantities helps all parties in situations like this.

The only saving grace for me was finding a large bottle of that Dissi-whatsit Italian liqueur in a cupboard among the many things that never got cleared out by the previous owner. It's now here and I'm drinking it.... :mrgreen:

firedfromthecircus":20l1k550 said:
I vowed after my last house move that there would not be a next time unless we can afford to pay someone else to do it all for us!
Thanks for reminding me that I still feel this way. After 7 years I had begun to forget how shitty a job it is. :LOL:

Thing was, this time they were only going about 1/2 a mile down the road, as opposed to nearly 20 miles last time, when we did get a man or two with a van in to do most of it. This time we only had a little van and a couple of (very good looking) guys come in to shift the fridge freezer and a couple of beds, that was all really, the rest we did and I think we lost focus really as we didn't have to be as applied.

Back