Retro bike, but do you do retro anything else?

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
We're all here 'cos we like old bikes, but do you have any other retro interests?

For me, apart from the bikes, it's cameras. I have an unhealthily large collection of older 35mm SLRs ranging from 70's Prakticas through 80's Minoltas to Yashica AFs.

I also love older cars, especially 70s/80s fords but unfortunately I can't justify the expence of running a second car at the moment, although hopefully with a small work promotion in the offing I might be able to stretch to a nice original Sierra XR4x4. I had a beauty a few years ago but had to sell it due to a relocation :(

I have a bizarrely large collection of post war furniture (mainly 1960s), lava lamps (all Crestworth, pre Mathmos) and an enormous collection of 1960/70s British art glass (about 400 pieces), and before anyone asks I'm not gay.

Hi,

I have a German car from 1964 and i have equiped it with not only German accessories but age related.

eg..

Camera
Road maps
Fuel conversion table
Parking disc
Service manuals
Sales brochures
Tyre gauge
Fire extinguisher
Replacement bulb holder
Cigarette lighter
Coins/notes etc etc ....

I am still looking for a packet of german branded cigarettes from the mid sixties!

And yes it is a sickness.

Cheers,Al

Retro HiFi, retro (200 year old) house, 1955 Omega watch (they are a good deal, cost as much as a car when new), did have a retro racing sailing dinghy, but sold it as no time.

i have a thing about british motorbikes from 1940 onwards old classic ones such as bsa ,noton,triumpf ect.i havent got one tho although .....if i flogged the misus on ebay..hmmmmmmm

i am a big buyer/ seller of old hifi - had my own shop in Peterborough for a while (used to feed M&Ms to the resident mice...)

Cameras - '79 Zenit TTL with '80 moscow olympic games head badge, '83 Pentax Super A, late '80s Praktica, '70s 110 (remember those?). In addition to modern compacts and my latest toy, a Pentax digital SLR.

Watch - early '70s Omega Speedmaster (would like a pre-'69 one but out of my price range)

A '69 Beetle currently in restoration

An inordinately large collection of 60's/70's vinyl ranging from Country/folk/pap/rock.

Guitars - 5 and counting including '80s Gibson Les Paul, '80s Epiphone, '90s spiky rock thing, modern acoustic and my latest toy, '05 PRS.

Many guitar and bike magazines from the 80s/90s. All in the loft at the moment awaiting sorting. Currently hiding from the missus in case she finds them and throws them out :shock:

Oh. And me. An antique badly needing restoration myself ;) That's why I have no time for completing my bike jobs....

Yep, I feel the sickness...

'60s Watch
Had a '68 Mustang until last year :cry:
Retro hand built turntable
Got a few old "battleship" build quality SLR's too
Shave with cut-throats (some about 120 years old) :shock:

Retro Bang & Olufsen.
Would love a Morgan Aero8 (or for that matter any morgan)
Grew up in an extremely grand retro house which has left me with illusions of grandure far beyond my means :)

My other retro interest is computers. I have quite a few Acorns, several consoles and I've just picked up a Sinclair Spectrum +2. :cool:

Back