Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone here heard of, or used this?

Just been advised by a seller in the USA of this service, but can't seem to get details on eBay of how it works?

Thanks

Mike

Re:

I'm sure it has its proponents but it's sh1te in my experience. Incredibly slow, very expensive for the std of service and not really secure for high value items. Still waiting now over a month for some brakes and almost had a Fat frame stolen UK end. Best to ask the seller to deal direct and use USPS.

I bought something and it gave a price for global shipping, I think it
covered the vat, shipping and charges. I persuaded the bloke to go the
post office and post it directly to me.

Works out more expensive in my experience so avoid it where possible or has been stated negotiate with the seller.

Re:

Thanks for the warning lads ! ;)

Maybe I'll ask one of our number in the USA if they can help. Or wait to find something else here ;)

Mike

Re:

It can be expensive for some items Mike, but some customers like the perceived security it offers; i'm happy to post myself if the buyer wishes though.

Has to be UPS all the way for me. Lots of resellers of the service too. 100% reliable and worry free!

I've used the Global Shipping Programme many time for items from the USA, without any issues. It should work out cheaper, as Royal Mail don't get to add their handling fee for items identified as attracting duties.
In the past items from the USA would slip through without the duty being picked up. Royal Mail must have tightened the procedures; nothing gets past now, so GSP is a good idea.

It may be good from outside EU, but some use it (without knowing better) within Europe, and it's shite!

I bought a sub 250g item, seller posts it to E-Bay warehouse or whatever it is, they slap a sticker on it, charge £12 and send it on. A total rip-off.

IMHO :LOL:

I use it for selling around the world, never had a problem.
Once it's at the UK distribution centre it's no longer your responsibly I believe.

Back