A Retro Motobike

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Motorbikes stopped me riding bikes age 16, but I don't foresee that happening again .....

But I do now have a motorbike again for the first time in 12 years. Well, technically I still have a 1983 Kawasaki Z250 Scorpion at my mum's, but that's SORNed and would need a bit more work. And I wanted something even older! So I am now the very happy owner of a 1971 Honda SL350, imported from the States in 2013, since which time it had only done around 100 miles (before today).

Just arrived home:

CfrusrAWEAExKq5.jpg:large

Re:

You need retro sunglasses,to go with that think James Bond
:D well cool bike though very jealous :facepalm: even though i would be a danger to other road users :D on one.

Thanks for the comments. Although I grew up riding off-road All my previous bikes have been more road/sport-oriented so it's nice to have something a bit different.

I'll definitely just be riding it over the summer, just fixing a few things that need it. And cleaning it. I may well do more restoration on it in the future - it's a balance between how much I want to keep the originality and what things I would rather change. The seat definitely needs doing something with, either reupholstering or replacing as it's very squidgy.

I don't think it has been restored as such, it's probably more that it's done fewer than 14k miles in its 45 years.

Also, it's a lot more relaxed in its riding position than my SZR660, which I loved but people found hilarious that I was coiled onto such a small bike. Still feels nice and light though.

Re:

Nice bike! :D :cool:

Just being pedantic, but shouldn't an SL have low exhausts, with kicked-up silencers?

Re: Re:

andyz":509q4zhe said:
Nice bike! :D :cool:

Just being pedantic, but shouldn't an SL have low exhausts, with kicked-up silencers?

Thank you. Indeed it would have had originally, that's a CL350 exhaust someone's fitted. I kinda like it and it sounds alright, so it will stay :)

Latest posts

Back