Is ebay getting desperate....??

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Only I've been doing a fair bit on there lately (none bike related so far) and I've had free listings, free scheduling, and now as of tonight, 50% off my final value fees....??

Not complaining, but it seems like a bit of a generous deal and just wondering if it's targeted specifically at those, like me, who haven't done a lot on there for years, to lure us back in..... :LOL:

Re:

possibly being that they are earning millions upon millions of dollars on an on-going basis ... maybe they just want you to think that they're giving you something substantial back ...

... kind of like a pat on the back.

Personally I wouldn't quite put it like that, I advertised a dishwasher on there with a reserve set on it, it didn't sell after 4 weeks so pulled it and sold privately afterwards but I still got charged £25-odd quid. Bit steep I thought.

Sounds like it. But it will have to do more than that to get me back. Or using Palpal.

Easter soon, fewer bidders, ebay trying to keep their weekly take up.
Thinking of everything they can to keep the cash flooding in.

Re:

Actually the Easter hols thing is a good point - fewer people bothering to bid/list as they're off somewhere and under strict instructions of one sort or another...... :LOL:

Well i've had deal offer after deal offer to get me back buying or selling on ebay over these last 3 weeks so it would seem they just don't want to lose profits over easter ..

they gave me a £100 voucher a while ago, I was looking at gold coins to spend it on, the next email to arrived was its cancellation.
Needless to say I was chuffed to bits.

Back