Top Gear stunt

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
I'm not normally one to get uptight about Top Gear, owing to the fact I don't watch it anymore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35802386

But really?

Is this what fans of the show would like to see, had it not caused such a negative response?
C. Evans mortified. How could he possibly not know about this 'Until I heard about it on Radio 4' ? He is at the BBC every day FFS!
Someone had the idea. Someone else would have approved it. Another drove the car, with M. LeBlanc in it. The authorities in London approved it. Finally, the crew filmed it.

And yet NO-ONE in that chain thought this was in bad taste?

Absolutely shameful.

Mike

Re:

Agreed, disrespectful and some fugly dragged up POS motor to boot. Big Ken Block fan. I guess it's all publicity though :facepalm:

Re:

This awful cobbled together train wreck of a show should be shelved before they air it, I gave it up totally when Matt LePlank was announced as co-presenter (was already half way there with Chris Evans).

I watched a top gear episode on PVR today again (and again) with the 10 year old, he thinks it's hilarious so I guess the old top gear hits the target audience 100%

Shaun

It was an ill advised stunt and I'm sure one or two members of the production team have received a heavy bollocking. F***ing amateur mistake by those behind the camera imo, but I'm still looking forward to the new series.

If you don't like it don't watch it :D

Re:

I dont like it at all.
I will not watch it.
I wont watch anything with the ginger twit in it
Clarkson is a pompous arrogant sh1te but he is at least witty.

Re:

JC is whitty but the three way goofing formula is getting old IMO. Big fan of Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz. They just need to find an entertainer who can also drive and shelve CE, can't stand the git.

Re:

Afaik, they used to use an airport at Cranleigh,Surrey to p-ss around on. So it brings into question why they couldn't do it there!
That sort of driving in a public place - albeit shut off for the purpose - will only incite some petrol heads to try and mimic it.
As for C. Evans, never been a fan, but now into the 't-at' box along with R.Brand and J.Ross, but that's a whole thread on it's own!

Mike

Latest posts

Back