Driverless Vehicles, Coming To A Road Near You Too Soon!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Not my cup of tea at all. The idea that you might be involved in an accident where there is some form of autonomous vehicle involved is way too difficult to unravel in terms of liability and there is a moral question as well.

Personally, I shall be demanding exact times and locations of any testing on any roads I use.

Especially worrying is the idea of lorry convoys on the M6.

We should be getting freight off the roads on the longer runs, not running virtual truck trains led by only one driver.

Re:

Saw a Mercedes video of their lorry developments last year. Quite amazing.

Can't come soon enough for me. The government is throwing resources at it as is the US, it's coming, and coming sooner than some imagine. The stats are going to show it's x times safer than a human so once the liability bit is sorted it'll be full steam ahead. I'd be fairly sure they're well down that road already given the billions invested already.

It'll reduce accidents, fatalities, emissions, congestion and cost, and increase productivity and/or leisure time. The 'driving makes me feel powerful' small penis types won't like it but they're a minority so who cares? :)

For most people driving is a tedious chore they have to endure every day. To be able to hail a car from an app, have it deliver you to work/the shops/the pub then to go and take someone else somewhere rather than sit in a car park doing nothing sounds like a much better way of working to me.

I hate driving. And I drive an auto Jag to different places a few days a week. I can't imagine how someone commuting the same journey every day in a shitbox wee manual feels, changing gear every ten seconds, stop start, stop start. Bring it on.

They just have to better than most of the drivers out there.

I know there have been a few incidents but not deliberate like some so called human drivers do.

Re:

When the satellite s go down or Leki goes off;
It will all turn to crap, bad drivers can be got off the road in a jiffy
Just ban German cars :D :) :D

technodup":a8vo0ajd said:
Can't come soon enough for me. The government is throwing resources at it as is the US, it's coming, and coming sooner than some imagine. The stats are going to show it's x times safer than a human so once the liability bit is sorted it'll be full steam ahead. I'd be fairly sure they're well down that road already given the billions invested already.

It'll reduce accidents, fatalities, emissions, congestion and cost, and increase productivity and/or leisure time. The 'driving makes me feel powerful' small penis types won't like it but they're a minority so who cares? :)

For most people driving is a tedious chore they have to endure every day. To be able to hail a car from an app, have it deliver you to work/the shops/the pub then to go and take someone else somewhere rather than sit in a car park doing nothing sounds like a much better way of working to me.

I hate driving. And I drive an auto Jag to different places a few days a week. I can't imagine how someone commuting the same journey every day in a shitbox wee manual feels, changing gear every ten seconds, stop start, stop start. Bring it on.

So because I love driving I have a small penis! What a prick you are.

technodup":21j2gfbs said:
For most people driving is a tedious chore they have to endure every day.

It's better than public transport. Which is shit. Over crowded, over priced, never on time. Cold in the winter too hot in the summer. Never goes where you want it to at a time that we want to go.

Car wins every time. even if that means a small penis

tintin40":2adhuclu said:
technodup":2adhuclu said:
For most people driving is a tedious chore they have to endure every day.
It's better than public transport. Which is shit. Over crowded, over priced, never on time. Cold in the winter too hot in the summer. Never goes where you want it to at a time that we want to go.
And? We're not talking about public transport. At least not in the conventional sense.

chrisv40":2adhuclu said:
So because I love driving I have a small penis! What a prick you are.
Wind your neck in fannybaws, that's not what I said.

Unless you are the type of guy who drives aggressively and impatiently and feels all important because you have a few horses under your foot then... wee computerised bubble cars can't come soon enough.

Re:

Why do these threads degenerate into insults? Is it really necessary to be rude to emphasize a point?

Re:

We already have driverless vehicles on the road here in the SF Bay Area. Some of the big tech companies in Silicon Valley have had cars testing on the roads since last year. Just read about one having an accident with a Bus the other day. They are required to have a driver on board to prevent technical screwups, but they still have managed a couple around here so far. I like to drive myself, but if they could make separate lanes for them, I'd be OK with that-but that's probably not gonna happen...

Back