Recommended helmets

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking for a new helmet...wondered what you use/recommend?
I'm looking at the Giro Xen or Hex ..or simply replace my now knackered
Giro Animas....any thoughts.
After my 'off' I'm thinking money is no object, but what are you really paying for...Xen/Hex for example.
Cheers, Carl

I've got the Giro Xen to replace my 10 year old Specialized Air Banshee, very comfortable even with my big noggin. I got the matt black version but I would have preffered a lighter colour to be honest. The helmet offers excellent coverage around the back of the head and is very well ventilated. The Roc-Loc 4 fitting system is very comfortable and adjusts easily. I did consider the Hex but the vents look too angular prefering the more rounded vents on the Xen. CRC had them at £69.99 a while back but currently £74.99 which was also a help in deciding to buy one.

Xen's be popular round these parts ;)

Neilll & billinjah both have broken ribs and I have sore ribs but none of us have sore heads.

REKIBorter":26d8o55i said:
Neilll & billinjah both have broken ribs and I have sore ribs but none of us have sore heads.

I'm seriously thinking about body armour... :LOL: Not that hard RoboCop shit that the 4x boys use, more of a softer 'core saver' that will go under my shirt........am I mad? (bear in mind that each time you break shit its six weeks off the bike :cry: )

I've got a Giro E2, extremely comfortable but if I were going to buy a new helmet myself, I'd go for the Xen. Not the cheapest of helmets but how much is a head worth :?:

I've got a Hex myself. I couldn't see the point in going up to the Xen. That plus the fact I really didn't like any of the colours that the Xen was available in at the time. ;)

I've found that Giro helmets are the most comfortable around (at least for me). I've had a Giro since the days of the lycra helmet covers.

found Giro to fit me since the old Hammerhead SC.
Speccy and such were way odd fit on my head.

Have an E2 at the mo, and its great. Looking at new helmets, not sure why I would change from it.

Back