computer help

andy.l

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My laptop keyboard is on its way out,the keys randomly work on and off,ive taken it apart and the flexi strip that connects it to the computer is knackered,ive looked at new ones and theyre hundreds.

Can i buy an aftermarket keyboard and plug it into a USB port on the laptop and bypass the original knackered one?

any help would be ace

thanks

andy ;)

I'd bought an 'after market' key board for my mac and plugged it to usb. So you should be alright :D

yep, deffo...if you have either a PS2 (little round green socket) or USB you can plug a 'normal' PC keyboard into either...it'll let you type faster than on cramped laptop keyboard too ;)

Can't really add anything other than another yes. Many people now have laptops rather than desktops and use external keyboards / mice and monitors.

get the laptop keyboard replaced can get them from supplier or the bay and fit not that hard to do and then it remains portable

Recycling old PCs?

Different PC subject, but what can I do with my old desktop PC. It is a pretty good spec Dell Dimension - is there a charity or something that recycles them? Only prob is I refuse to leave the HDD in it, that will be removed and destroyed.

Any ideas?

i cant for the life of me remember the name of my favourite spares supplier now :(

Yes that shouldnt be a problem if the keyboard is knacked on laptop but everything work ok, I use a pc keyboard on my laptop for the last 2 years including a pc mouse aswell, hate using the finger mouse on laptop.

Back