'Giving up' sugar

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I still like it me tea and coffee but have pretty much dropped it in the form of chocolate bars. What really brought it home was a Greggs Belgian bun - a past favourite with me and the missus but had one on tuesday and it was soo sweet it was unpalatable. The ducks got the rest!

Unfortunately, its still there as part of the ingredients in cereals, shreddies and bran flakes contain about 20% as a bonding agent in my Aldi buys.

And I'm still partial to pudding, custard will be in my veins to the last breath.

Anyone else?

Re:

I took sugar in tea and coffee when I was a kid, but decided to cut it out in my teens . I reduced it from two spoons to one, then a half, then a quarter, then nothing over a week or so and after a little while you get used to it. Now, having not had sugar in hot drinks for 30 years or more, tea and coffee taste horrible with sugar in them.

I never add sugar to anything, cereals etc., and avoid those with it in, which is actually very restrictive as most have a lot of it and your left with shredded wheat and muesli. :?

I rarely eat sweet things, cakes, chocolate etc. and don't drink Coca-Cola or fruit cordial, that sort of thing, and after a while I think your taste re-calibrates and you start to find a lot of sugary food and drink excessively and to some extent unpleasantly sweet.

Most Muesli has added sugar. I find it hard to buy it without and I do like my Muesli. Stock up on Jordans at Asda when I can. Muesli seems to have shot up in price over the past couple of years. Thinking of making my own.

Re:

I am a bit of a chocoholic, always have been and i'm not sure if I could cut that out of my diet :roll:

I happily gave up drinking alcohol due to my medication, I haven't really missed it at all, but chocolate... :LOL:

Been thinking about this for a while now but never got over the first hurdle bought some sweetener for my hot drinks the other day used it once and hated it. I don't think I could give it up completely I like to bake and whats the point in that if you can't sample your own products

Gave it up years ago apart from chocolate eaten as a pudding after meals.

There was a book called pure white and deadly doing the rounds at the time I was at the London hospital and put lots of people off sugar.

Shaun

Well i gave up sugar in T around 18 year ago and stopped it in me coffee 4 years ago but i like me biscuits and chocolate and just can't seem to give em up and love carrot cake so it's a lose lose situation tbh ..

Back