Anyone else long term single and genuinely happy?

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Or is it just me....? :LOL:

Got thinking on this today as I was shoveling compost (don't think there was a connection) and also thinking how marvelous it was to be knackered, happy and being paid for what I love most (gardening in general, not compost related deeds in particular) and the fact that I could go home, slob out, talk to myself, and eat crisps and flying saucers, without someone else demanding their supper, telling me off for eating crap, and generally needing attention, and probably, at some point later on, sex.

And then people say to me, but don't you miss the companionship, don't you get lonely....?

Erm.......no.

Probably not relevant (or IS it?) but I'm a girl.....

just because you are not attached doesn't mean you are alone.
but I am neither single nor genuinely happy, so perhaps not best person to ask!

Re:

I am happily single too, for all the same reasons as above.

As for companionship (not like that!!!!) I look after my Mum all day so when I come home I just love vegging out on my sofa, painting (Watercolours), and fiddling with lovely bike bits, without any one moaning or feeling neglected :D

Re:

You probably haven't met them yet. I was a happy and content long term singly until I met my now wife. I do the cooking and I'm a bloke (if that's relevant) :D

Of course your age and length of long term single will have a significant bearing. Katie Price calls a week long term single ;)

Re:

LOL!! I'm not sure I would compare myself to Miss K Price..... :facepalm: :LOL:

Had been three, maybe four years of proper singledom, tried the online dating things a couple of years ago, very VERY frightening, then over time just realised I was happier doing my own thing anyway. Then you kind of get selfish, or perhaps it's emotionally more self sufficient. Last summer went out with a guy for 3 months - made it clear from the off I wasn't looking for anything full on, no long term commitment, didn't want to meet his Mum (he didn't have kids), be texting all the while, or constantly on the 'phone.

He said he could go with that. Turned out he couldn't. Wanted me to move in and I was speaking to his Mum every Sunday when he rang her... :facepalm:

So that got nipped in the bud. And yes, being alone does NOT equal lonely. To be honest, I'm not sure I could find the time for a relationship even if I wanted one.

Oh, and another one - wanting someone in your life and needing someone in your life are completely different things!!

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":226ebb5b said:
I am happily single too, for all the same reasons as above.

As for companionship (not like that!!!!) I look after my Mum all day so when I come home I just love vegging out on my sofa, painting (Watercolours), and fiddling with lovely bike bits, without any one moaning or feeling neglected :D

This is me, except I have teddy bears for companionship. And they don't answer back. (Oh and drawing, not watercolours....)

if you love life, what you do and who you are then happiness can find its way easily into most aspects of life. im now happliy married with a a kid and although i woudnd change owt, wouldnd change what i had before, the complexities of pleasing everyone else to try and impress got me so worked up and stressed i just shut down. it wasnt until i did what i wanted how when etc it all got better for me. skating got me back amongst great friends and social stuff it i just let life flow. :)

Re:

I am sometimes a little concerned that this forum is my social life, and that I don't get out enough, but then I have great customers that are also real friends now, so that's a social life in itself every time I go to work, plus anything that involves 'going out' usually also involves spending money - a friend texted me to say she'd just been to the cinema and seen this great film, I should try and get to see it, to which I texted back, at £12 to get in, I'd rather spend that money on bike bits :LOL:

She understood completely, which in itself is perhaps a little worrying....

Go with the flow, yes, that's a very good point, and what I do, which also makes me happy. I suppose I've just reached that 'certain age' when I no longer feel the need to define who I am and justify my existence to anyone.

I'm forty-something, and I quite like who I am, and there's no way I'm changing now so if you don't like what you see, it's too bad. I just don't see how anyone could stand a chance with me now, anyone new coming into my life has to have a bloody good reason to be there! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back