ronnie o'sullivan.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
scoring 146 in protest of a measly £10,000.
he needs to get real. he could have given the money to charity.
for some of us thats 6 months wages.

Re:

was it in protest ?

I heard/read that the pink was an easier shot (than the black after the final red) and still gets a bonus if gets highest break which he would unless someone else gets 147. The decision to not go for the 147 was that the extra £10k for a 147 was not worth the risk of the more difficult shot. This all sounds plausible ? who knows the truth ?

He said that had the prize money been greater he would have gone for it but he considers that a 147 is special and therefore deserves a special reward. Of course 10 g's to most of us is special but to already wealthy snooker players......
You could take the opposite stance that to have taken the 147 was greedy cos he doesn't need the money....damned if he did, damned if he didn't.......
The OP has a point. He cudda simply done it and immediately given it to charity.

Re:

:cool: The guy prob gives more to charity than all posters so far earn in a year put together.....doesn't shout about it either. Gettin tired of the Twit-ler 'let's get offended for the hell of it' generation....harumph, etc...

Re:

I think it's a nice touch actually, brought far more exposure on the event than £10k would ever buy.

He has a rock star/bad boy image and this keeps it going

good to have a few rebels about elite sport when generally it's so pious

I don't give a toss if he gives anything to charity, he might be the only person earning real money in his family. Not my business.

He buys 'art' of that talentless waste of pish Hirst, that is his real crime.

Back