Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

Was wondering if any of you can recommend some good cold weather gloves?
I have one pair that leave my fingers numb, maybe latex gloves inside? Or the other pair which are warm, but have very little feel, even thumbies are a struggle to use! How would I get on with sti levers, for goodness sake!

HELP

Mike

Re:

Wiggle do one called ShowersPass Crosspoint for £60 that are rated about the best you can buy and Sealskinz do one called Helvellyn XP that are £45 and Gore do a bike wear one for £50, I wouldn't bother with anything much less that £40 Mike, they won't last/keep your mitts warm or water out. Anything by Sportful is always good but pricey, although what price comfort/frostbite?
As with all things Bike, sadly you only gets what you pays for these days. :(

Re:

Thanks for your help lads ;)

It's really the cold that get my fingers. Looked up the Gore ones, bad reviews from buyers. Although that may be due to Evans cycles service though :roll:
I'll look some of the others up now.

Alternatively, I have some woollen ones, may get some latex to go with them.

Mike

Re:

Other option is heated gloves using rechargeable aa battery, pretty sure ive seen heated grips for grips.

Maplins have gloves in a sale but usualy after winter. I would have pair but the cut between thumb and first finger is too short for me, having king fingers, so gloves tend to tear there.

Try some merkalon liners under your existing gloves, usually about 2 quid from Army and Navy.

Failing that something from Hestra will probably do the job, missus uses their lobster claw gloves, they are ok down to about -10, and she suffers with the cold too.

Can't remember the brand of my gloves, but i've used them with the merkalon liners down to about -20. I'll have a look when i get home.

Back