Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:07 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:33 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC

flyingwelshman wrote:
Mine - 1981 250cc Maico restored by me.
At first glance thought it was a certain Mr Thorpe. Lovely bike, bet you take some catching on that in the 250 class and loving the alpinestars kit too :wink: :wink:

To me there is no race track anywhere quite as special as Farleigh Castle. Memories of Noyce, Carlqvist, Thorpe, Malerbe, Jobe, Nicoll, Leisk and Geboers, great days and when I was old enough the Hungerford Arms by the castle too :lol: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:15 pm 
Retro Guru

sinnett177 wrote:
flyingwelshman wrote:
Mine - 1981 250cc Maico restored by me.
At first glance thought it was a certain Mr Thorpe. Lovely bike, bet you take some catching on that in the 250 class and loving the alpinestars kit too :wink: :wink:

To me there is no race track anywhere quite as special as Farleigh Castle. Memories of Noyce, Carlqvist, Thorpe, Malerbe, Jobe, Nicoll, Leisk and Geboers, great days and when I was old enough the Hungerford Arms by the castle too :lol: .

Indeed Farleigh is a special place, I have many happy memories as a spectator ( before cycle racing took over my life) and it has been a privilage to compete there over the last ten years or so. Re Alpinestars kit - it feels 'wrong' to be wearing anything else and luckily the guys at AS still help me out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:06 pm 
Retro Guru

damn didnt know there was so many bikers on here i havent got one at the minute but im a huge ducati nut owned loads of them and break them for a living. i raced for a few years in my early twenties first on cb500's then an rsv mille in the sound of thunder. ive been looking for a mint ducati 888 for years now one day ill find one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:57 am 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

billinjah wrote:
damn didnt know there was so many bikers on here i havent got one at the minute but im a huge ducati nut owned loads of them and break them for a living. i raced for a few years in my early twenties first on cb500's then an rsv mille in the sound of thunder. ive been looking for a mint ducati 888 for years now one day ill find one!

Something like this? :wink:

My pride and joy on 2 wheels. But only when the sun is shining :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:42 pm 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru

billinjah wrote:

CB500's, blimey, that's going back a bit Bill. My mate had one when I was a teenager and running a CB250T, his was always breaking down! :roll:

Post subject: Gsxr 750 srad sort off
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:24 pm 
aka Leo Swayer
aka Leo Swayer

I've got a few mates that race bikes and i've ended up with a bitsa as a result.
Gsxr 750 srad frames,winging arm and forks.
Gsxr 600srad race engine,yoshi cams,valves and loom.
Gsxr 1000 K2 ti exhaust
Gsxr 1000 K3 seatunit(race).
Yoshi clocks,blah blah blah....
You get the idea,it's road legalish but since I dropped it in the summer it has no front body work which is next on the shopping list.
The only other thing i've had recently was a Honda CR490 aircooled motorcrosser. Apparently it was one of Dave Thorpes practice bikes the year he won the World championship. Anyway it was fairly tidy when I got it but a non runner,managed to get some bits from Honda and some from SOS to get her going. Loaned it to a mate of a mate to use for the Ken Hall Trophy race in Langrish where there is a massive hill and he said it was so quick he had to short shift to get to the top without it spinning up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

This was My R1 until recently :(

Sold on account of being a retroholic :wink:

Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:34 pm 
Retro Guru

iv got a ktm exc for playing in the woods at night, get less bother from ramblers then;)
and a ducati track bike, click here:- http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... =638672709

Post subject: Oh dear...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:45 pm 
aka Leo Swayer
aka Leo Swayer

Chris,I love me mountain bikes but if it was a choice between any pushbike and that R1,the R1 would win everytime. Very nice. Just out of curiousity what did you buy with the procedes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:53 pm 
Section Moderator & South West AEC
Section Moderator & South West AEC

just got this finished! the build pics are earlier in this thread :D

Attachments:
the DR 002resize.jpg
the DR 002resize.jpg [ 68.95 KiB | Viewed 922 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next