Need some advice on somewhere to live near London..

Redhill? Just on the edge of the North Downs, and 35 mins from Victoria. Good biking with N.Downs and also the S.Downs a 30 min train ride away.

Kent. It's marvellous.

Somewhere like where cchris2lou lives in Hextable, lovely countryside, some good rides and close to town.

I am further out in Kent, an hour from London by cattle truck, but well worth it. Coast/ hills/ countryside FTW!

hamster":piauenrq said:
Redhill? Just on the edge of the North Downs, and 35 mins from Victoria. Good biking with N.Downs and also the S.Downs a 30 min train ride away.

Redhill aka Deadhill, Reigate next door is nicer

frogracer":31zhic3r said:
Kent. It's marvellous.

Somewhere like where cchris2lou lives in Hextable, lovely countryside, some good rides and close to town.

I am further out in Kent, an hour from London by cattle truck, but well worth it. Coast/ hills/ countryside FTW!

it is nice , but nowhere to ride off road really .

practical for commuting to london though .

mattbrown":trigvewx said:
hamster":trigvewx said:

Redhill aka Deadhill, Reigate next door is nicer

Second that one, I was born in Redhill, went to school in Reigate but grew up in Dorking. Main line station to London, next to Boxhill, Westcott up the road has Nivarna Cycles who do great rides, close to Guildford and Kingston for shops (for the GF, obviously). Reigate's really nice but is a bit more urban commuter town where Dorking is all green wellies, Landrovers, labradors and trees. I loved my time there, but wouldn't complain at either. Just not Redhill, you might as well live in Crawley [shudders....]

Only problem is the house prices in Reigate... :shock:

Best to be in the bit where the two join - Redhill prices, almost as nice as Reigate.

Dorking won't let you in unless you are over 65.

I might be spoilt in the cotswolds.... but stay away from Dagenham!!! :shock: My girlfriend is there at the moment :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ha.ha Thats give Dagenham a miss ... your welcome to the mrs!! :LOL:

Back