I max 3D.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I just booked tickets for my 1st I max film.
Can anyone tell me if it's over rated or amazing.
I decided to try the I max 3D experience.
I won't say what film in case someone spoils the plot.

I watched inception at Braford I max in the opening shot I though I was standing on the balcony fantastic

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":vpa6n53v said:
It's the guy with the limp..

:LOL: one of my favourites

Re:

Big Imax fan here. The Imax 3D is so much better than regular 3D - very subtle so the 3D effect is not interferring with the picture. Sound wise it is the dogs-doo-daas. Proper loud with seat shaking bass effects, I think they play back at studio reference level, 0db, if you know what that means. Comfy wide seats with good leg room. The cinema speakers are set up using a version of Audyssey which means you get amazing sound from any seat. It almost looks and sounds as good as my home cinema kit which cost me £6K ;)

Re:

I watched the space film at Bradford and was overwhelmed - best film ive ever seen

I watched a whitewater raft film at the Paris Imax. The venue is great with the film projected onto a domed roof, but the film was crap

I watched a 2 minute trailer of the Monaco GP and felt sick. Brilliant effect, but would be too hard work for me

i rarely go to cinema these days - but when i do. iMax 3D.
dont sit too close to the screen - i always make sure i book in advance and gt the seats i prefer.
i usually go for centre row and a bit forward (you get the leg room/ledge so no one sits infront of you) - plus the screen then fills your field of vision without you having to crane your neck/flick your head left to rigt to catch the action going on :)
the sound and picture is much better - you pay more than your usual ticket price (not much more these days though) but you definitely immerse yourself in the film waaaaaaaaay more in my opinion.
i went recently to see space fights and it was every bit worth the money for me and i'd go again in a heart beat/if free tickets were offered....:p

Back