How the Global Warming Scam began

Adruzzz

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I personally think the global warming stories that are constantly peddled by the mass media are just a way to scare the general public into paying more taxes. Here's a YouTube vid you might find interesting :xmas-cool:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUDGfCNC-k[/youtube]

Re:

One mans figures is another mans lies

I personally believe Global warming was an opportunistic claim to keep many researchers in a job and failed politicians like Al Gore able to set up "charitable trusts" for their own benefit. There was as mentioned also, an ideal opportunity for governments to tax you more with the threat lines of think of your grandchildren

I will concede that I feel Climate Change exists but I view this in the way of the facts we have rather than the fears projected.

We do know the planet is a living force and the ice age till present gives us actual data to use,

My own feeling is that whilst humans maybe causing some stages to speed up, there is little anyone can do to stop it. Humans very much are in the car for a ride as passengers rather than being in the driving seat.

Yes exactly, climate change is natural and was going on way before we arrived here and will continue way after too.

http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

The 10 warmest years in the 134 year data sequence have been since 2000.

Or alternatively the ice core data:
2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

Or simply the photos of glaciers historically compared to present gives good empirical evidence.

Of course, being 'TV Weatherman of the Year' makes you vastly more qualified to comment...in the same intellectual league as Ulrike Jonsson.
images

Climate does indeed fluctuate naturally - for example with the 24,000 year polar axis precession. However that does not dismiss the existence of man-made effects. That's like saying there is nothing wrong with murder as everyone dies eventually anyway. :?

Re:

We are definitely in the driving seat, I verify the numbers for a living. Yes, climate change is used as an argument to ensure our funding in a time of massive budget cuts, but that doesn't eliminate our skeptical nature. There is no pressure to publish material confirming global warming, journals accept manuscripts solely on the basis of scientific rigor. That includes non-detections.

See the figure below for the impact of different climate drivers.

WGI_AR5_Fig8-18.jpg

Re:

Just what is the worse that can happen if try to hopefully reduce the speed at which our way of life warms the planet up?

Your future generations get to live on a slightly more pleasant planet :facepalm:

'May as well carry on as we are, eh? It's all a ploy to get more money out of us' I really can't get my head around this philosophy :?

If the worlds leading scientists/ACTUAL experts agree, then why do some people still refuse to believe their findings?

Sand, ostrich . I'll leave you to fill in the gaps

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":27cmykfq said:
If the worlds leading scientists/ACTUAL experts agree, then why do some people still refuse to believe their findings?
Probably because many don't agree?

It's not an issue I am interested in in the slightest but I tend with those who are deeply skeptical. As ever, follow the money.

Like many things, if you dont agree you get labeled. I'm in the minority that tends to look at it long term, we have been here for such a short time, all the earth has to do is fart and we are gone.

Back