youtube hifi demos

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Errr what is the point? Im asking as i see quite a few speaker demos on youtube. The sound is compromised firstly by the filmimg device microphone, then digitized to some low rate mp3 or mp4 format then finally replayed on computer, tablet or mobile device speakers?

Why!?!?!?!?!

Kind of defeats the object of best sound quality! If you want a demo just take yourself to your nearest hi-fi shop who I'm sure will be happy to set up whatever you want so you get the best sound for you. One I used to use even had a couple of rooms set up specifically for setting up hi-fi equipment for different users etc. Waste of Time going on youtube for anything like that if you ask me.

because how else will people know how awesomely cool and know-it-all-able you are if you don't have awesome reviews on the you tubes.

Now my memory maybe be failing but there was an advert with André Previn talking about the clear picture quality of the Fergusson Trinitron TV.

Then I think it was Jasper Carrot saying that yes, you can see it is wonderfully sharp and clear and you must go out and buy one ....... but hold on, you are watching it on your own TV so isn't that just as good?

ok, it was Fergusson TX
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6pzRxlwZ7Ns[/youtube]

I've had this a few times over the past few months. Start looking for reviews of kit that I am looking at (big scale pro level kit for roller discos large halls) and some tool is reviewing a set of double 15's or a huge bass bin and amp combo with a flipping mobile phone that suffers from mic overload the moment the power level is raised. They resort to showing you how the house is shaking with the bass. I'm quite lucky that only a couple of purchases haven't been what I needed and I've move them on fairly quickly for zero loss.

Carl.

Back