couriers... UK for bike boxes..literally tearing my hair out

masha

Kona Fan
I'm having terrible trouble with local courier (the one with the words Force and Parcel in the name) -

- I've tried booking a label through ebay, they don't turn up for days or weeks to collect
- I've tried booking a label through the monkey site to take to post office, they don't send a label

It appears the plethora or smaller couriers won't take anything as large as a frame or bike box, despite low weight of frame in box.

Who do people use for couriers - as I've got to find an alternative - I've got customers waiting for frames?

THanks

Re:

I've always used parcel2go website. UPS has been my choice for all my frames,wheels and not had any problems....hope that helps...ebay sux a fat one unless you're selling small stuff for stupid profits

For frames I use senditnow.com it is the same a Parcelforce, but cheaper. No problem with sending frames. You can drop off at a post office.

frame in box should be small enough to use the normal couriers, just. I sent a mount vision frame a few weeks ago with herpes parcel shop no bother.
A whole bike is slightly trickier but should just sneak through with some subtle dismantling - wheels and bars, maybe forks too?

Another vote for senditnow.com arrived no problem. Only issue was getting the jobsworth at the post office to accept the parcel rather than a depot. Have done pickup as well without a problem.

Re:

Have used Paisley Freight a few times. About £25 for a bike box (but will take full-size ones), and things have always been picked-up and arrived on time. with tracking. Not the cheapest but any means though.

Another one for the safe transport of whole bikes - Paisley Freight.

If you are canny, you can get a whole bike under the volumetric measurements and delivered via Parcel2go 'standard' which is actually UPS. I dont even have to be in for the collection as my local guy knows me well enough.

I have only had one bike confirmed as damaged via a courier and that was Parcel Farce, the other 30 /40 or so have arrived safely

so far...

Latest posts

Back