RC reccomendation for a 6 year old

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
In a fit of nostalgia I dug out my 1980s Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin out of the loft and took it to the model shop today. A fair amount of time later it has all new radio gear :D I'm waiting on a servo-saver in the post as the original Futaba square fitment is different to the new servo.

Anyhoo, when it is back up and running I'd like to get something my son who's 6 can use too. I think the Pumpkin might be a bit much ;) What's quality, tough car for a nipper? Chistmas is coming..

SP

Gotta be anything by traxxas - bombproof, and fast if you opt for the brushless stuff.

Their short course trucks are epic (traxxas slash).

Also, check out the losi micros...

Re:

now i want one all over again.

I think I still have a Tamiya Hornet kicking around in a cupboard somewhere at my parents house. I remember having more fun building it than actually driving it - badly.

Re: Re:

xerxes":1mazy8j3 said:
now i want one all over again.

I think I still have a Tamiya Hornet kicking around in a cupboard somewhere at my parents house. I remember having more fun building it than actually driving it - badly.

please sell it to me
no
please dont
actually, just let me know if you want to sell it on
then let me know how much
actually dont
please leave me alone
PM me if you want to though. i cant stop you.....
:facepalm: :oops: :twisted: :LOL:

I'd certainly recommend Traxxas.

Bought a Traxxas Grave Digger 2wd (1/16?) for our now 8 year old. Had it two years this Christmas and it's been smashed, crashed, cartwheeled, jumped and had all kind of abuse. The only thing I've had to do is buy replacement batteries, pop a drive shaft back in to a plastic retaining holder and replace the aerial on the transmitter after it snapped (user error). The great thing about it is the speed controller - it has a "training mode" where you can restrict the speed to 50% of it's maximum so ace for kids to learn before letting them loose on full tilt! Would highly recommend. Bought it from http://www.modelsport.co.uk/.

I also have a Tamiya Sandscorcher which I built up a few years ago. Little one had a go and it certainly didn't react too well to the same abuse that the traxxas was subject to! Had to do some work to sort that out. Lol.

Hows this coming along :D

I'v always wanted an RC. I know id have a great bit of fun with it despite my age :LOL:
My nephews had them but they were young and trying to get a go was impossible.

And i bought the blooming thinks for them :(

Back