Modern day language and teenager speak - please explain!!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Yeah yeah, I know I could just google stuff and look it all up in the Urban Dictionary, but this will be more fun...

Being childless by choice and only having my teenage niece and nephew to base stuff on, I am constantly amazed and amused by their FB posts and the language they use, having recently had to look up, for reference, 'meme' and 'hater'...

So come on then, what other urban speak am I missing out on, and surely there's RB specific terms we could add....? I leave it in your capable hands.... :mrgreen:

Re:

An appropriate 'meme' doing the rounds just now :)

12107200_855764464542450_5815456695214218701_n.jpg

Yes, you can never be quite sure. More a decade ago I cycled past a bunch of teens who said that bike is well sick. From their body language I felt that was probably good, but did have to check online to make sure.

Theres a BIG difference between online lingo and audio lingo or street lingo. Then there is Nationality lingo and terminology.

Eh!

Most Yoof speak Mumblish, a cross bred liaison between English and mumbling.

It was created by the internet generation entitled, realising that unless they spoke like Essex people then no one wanted to listen to them. So they went onto the computers, then laptops before climbing to the heady heights of a smartphone and then txt and you tube everything

A side effect is the mouth muscles collapsed and they are unable to pronounce words without mumbling

Example, U wnt Fris wid dat? I give you, Mumblish

greencat":869kw1zw said:
Yes, you can never be quite sure. More a decade ago I cycled past a bunch of teens who said that bike is well sick. From their body language I felt that was probably good, but did have to check online to make sure.

Perhaps your brakes were squealing.

Latest posts

Back