ISIS/ISIL/IS/ISBN/ISEEYOU

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Can someone educate me as to why Islamic State militants have so many different acronyms and what they stand for? (in both senses of the term)
The media as usual seem to change their mind on a daily basis as to how they refer to them.
Unless I'm being stupid/ignorant...

Re:

Islamic State In Syria/Libya IIRC

TBH I don't think they know what to call themselves

Re:

For the sake of simplicity I refer to them as daesh. Tis the groovy choice.

They are a loose grouping of nutters and smelly ones at that.

Our complete lack of backbone and desertion of our military has made us look weak to many who seek to cause harm.

Not sure of the way forward. We needed swift, decisive action.

What we got is fudging and procrastination.

Looking at our society, it is easy to see why we are seen as soft.

In London, our house is in a relatively 'nice' part of town, yet we have crack dealers on the corner after dark.

A half mile down the road they are even more brazen.

In Inverness, our nearest large place oop north, there are crack dealers operating on the street in broad daylight. The police operate a tolerance zone style system.

Why?

London I can understand. You probably can't stem the flow easily.

Here in the Highlands?

Even worse, up north in places like Wick.

A wee town a hundred miles from anywhere.

Why are we accepting crack and meth use in our communities?

When people see things like this, they reflect on our society as broken. Food banks, and crack cocaine. In one of the richest countries in the world.

How can anyone respect that? Aspire to that?

As long as we allow our society to fall so low, anyone growing up here will either settle for that or will look to something else for an answer.

In steps fundamental belief systems and the opportunity for extremist indoctrination.

In other words the answer is not to destroy a band of delusional desperadoes in the wilds of war zones, more will merely replace them in another guise.

The answer lies in making our society a community again. One in which we look out for one another.

We can't have companies filling our high streets with their outlets but avoiding paying tax. Our laws need to be applied as firmly as those are in the likes of Saudi. We need to strengthen our resolve in dealing with domestic issues.

We need to remove any excuse to use the lawless infidels as a marketing tool for the nutty brigade.

Meanwhile we need to leave the merry band of murderers to our special forces. Don't give them any air time, remove their oxygen of publicity.

They don't like being referred to as daesh, so that would be a start.

They don't like it up 'em!

well i dont need a nother bloody handle to remember them by! :p
not sure i have an informed enough mind to either agree or disagree wth any points you've raised Highlands, but it probably wouldnt harm anyone if we all just chilled the f**k out.
i cant keep up with the amount of issues being talked about at the moment.

Re:

It seems paticularly cruel that parts of the U.K. don't have internet access, when they have it where these murderous evil people do their gross acts against innocent people.
All the time that internet videos are not policed, their rhetoric is free to poison others. There simply is no way of beating them, that being the case.

Re:

Blimey Highlands...you jumped straight from ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) or ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) to crack cocaine! Have you been reading the Daily Mail?

Our complete lack of backbone and desertion of our military has made us look weak to many who seek to cause harm.
Eh?

Lets not forget who armed certain militant groups in the middle east to overthrow the non-compliant (with reference to Rothschild Banking and Genie Energy, and check out the families behind both organisations) Syrian Government.

Our laws need to be applied as firmly as those are in the likes of Saudi.
I can only assume this is meant to be comical?

Re:

Not remotely comical.

As long since noted, I have absolutely no sense of humour.

I don't mean lashes and chopping hands off, but we need to apply our existing laws thoroughly.

We need to sort ourselves out.

These issues are all connected.

We lost respect for ourselves, and subsequently others followed suit.

Regardless of the ills of the British Empire, we used to be known as the ultimate hard nuts, and the likes of the Not At All Islamic State Of Irrelevance would think twice before fecking with our small but brutal forces.

What the hell is going on?

We are shutting down our steel industry while the Queen and the master of the Evil Empire are tucking into the flesh of the peasants!

We are inviting the worst human rights abusers in the world to hold the keys to our nuclear security.

Meanwhile we vacillate about sorting out daesh whilst giving the upper hand to Putin the evil *****e.

I can't say the word because despite it all I am still holding on to the moral high ground and remaining as right on as you like.

We need to say to teenage muslims, "Look, we are not the EDL, we are not the BNP. we are not like that. You can have a good life here, and if you tolerate you will be forever welcome."

We need to drown out that poisonous backbeat of hatred against the part of our society that is suffering the problems of radicalism, and help them overcome it rather than fan the flames.

Re:

Well said that man!

The mere thought of Osbourne squirming around that dictator for money, makes me feel nauseas.
We dont care about your morals sir, would you like to spend your money here ? We can offer very generous terms sir.

Edit;

Would you like to put in a bid for the railway we would like to build, sir? Really cheap? Excellent!
And a power station to, marvellous!
What's that? You have some cheap steel? Oh, splendid, yes please. We don't need our own steel plants here really.

Grovelling bar steward

Latest posts

Back