Google Photos

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I had noticed that since the latest Google change to the new Google Photos, when I embedded pictures in posts they would show for awhile and then vanish. The way around this appears to ensure the pictures are shared on Google Plus, but is there a way around doing this to ensure the photo link stays the same without filling up Google Plus with pictures of every bike and bike part I take a photo of? I couldn't see an option, but then it appears to be the classic trend towards hiding all the settings as much as possible for a "streamlined" look.

There are probably better picture sharing websites, but since I've been using Google for this for so many years I'm not sure I can do with the hassle of swapping.

maybe picaso? not sure really, but a while back in a rage against photyobucket and I use google everything I thought i'd try picaso, but for soem ereason didn't but had installed it. Then with some google update, every reboot on the laptop "google pictures" was trying to back stuff up or something wierd, so to stop it i had to uninstall picaso, not really sure. - maybe totally unhelpful

-long way of sayiong maybe picaso can do stuff with google pictures...

Bump, any solutions?

I've just noticed that all the pictures I put up on the forum yesterday are no longer showing and I don't want to spam Google Plus with photos of bikes and parts.

Ok, I've found the solution by trawling a few forums. After adding the pictures to Google Photos, you need to find the link via Picasaweb or Google Plus to get a permanent link that continues to work.

I'll go through my posts later and correct the links.

Back