Those ****** at VAG!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I knew it! Its all just bollox, all the 'clean cars' crap has bitten VW very painfully on the arse.

"While Volkswagen tells consumers that its diesel cars meet California emissions standards, vehicle owners are duped into paying for vehicles that do not meet this standard and unknowingly pay more for quality they never receive," the firm alleged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34311819

FWIW there isn't a single solitary car in the US that actually meets the requirements of CARB in normal use. Petrol OR diesel.

The only difference is that VWs specific way of achieving the correct figures in the completely unrepresentative test/emissions cycle that the legislators have designed is taking the piss. Really really taking the piss.

It's almost like they haven't actually read or understood what is written down.

Kia in the u.s. sometime ago got caught giving out false economy figures. They ended up having to pay the difference per miles per gallon as long as that new owner before they were caught, still kept the car.

Kia also in the U.S. did not operate a 7 year warranty as they do here in the U.K. their warranty stopped with the first owner.

I work in car finance with some new but mostly 2nd hand cars and the stories I get from the mechanics at each dealer. Even sifting through the bullshit, there are cars that you shouldnt touch with a pointy stick and most manufacturers seem to just experiment with each 'new' model. Lots of unofficial recalls with the poor punter at the end of a very smelly trail.

Subaru did the same with the Impreza. If the ECU thought it was being tested for emissions or noise it would reduce throttle and lean off the mixture.............

Shaun

It saddens me to say that I work for those bastards... when that crap came up last week I almost got a rage stroke! What utter knuckle-dragger executive decided that it's a good idea to just cheat using software well knowing that those cars will NEVER make the emission standards! Talking about some short-sighted greedy idiots right there. It was bound to happen that some independent source will actually test the emissions instead of just relying on the ECU readouts... the shitstorm they're into now was by no margin worth it, to just sell a few diesels extra on the US market. Giant fine (check!), criminal charges investigation (check!), stocks tanking massively (check!), massive loss of image and customer trust (check!), they're going to loose so much money on this shit...! I'm already "looking forward" to next years bonus rounds and salary (non-) increase... " you know guys we had a rough year on the US market... so nothing for you this year! Enjoy". F***K you and f***k whatever idiot decided to cheat and get everybody into trouble. It really sucks to be on the sinking garbage barge! :x

syncrosfan":13806gn3 said:
It saddens me to say that I work for those bastards... when that crap came up last week I almost got a rage stroke! What utter knuckle-dragger executive decided that it's a good idea to just cheat using software well knowing that those cars will NEVER make the emission standards! Talking about some short-sighted greedy idiots right there. It was bound to happen that some independent source will actually test the emissions instead of just relying on the ECU readouts... the shitstorm they're into now was by no margin worth it, to just sell a few diesels extra on the US market. Giant fine (check!), criminal charges investigation (check!), stocks tanking massively (check!), massive loss of image and customer trust (check!), they're going to loose so much money on this shit...! I'm already "looking forward" to next years bonus rounds and salary (non-) increase... " you know guys we had a rough year on the US market... so nothing for you this year! Enjoy". F***K you and f***k whatever idiot decided to cheat and get everybody into trouble. It really sucks to be on the sinking garbage barge! :x

Thats why I drive a Mercedes (opens can of worms, runs, hides)

Back