Having a bit of a moan...

doctorstewie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,
some of my friends on here are aware that I am not quite well in the head ( as is anyone who reads some of the ballcocks that I come up with I suppose ) so I am already in the realms of the lunatic on a daily basis, but the last few weeks have done me in:
Posie, my wonderful little cat I have had from a kitten died in my arms a couple of weeks ago. She was 14 and ill, and the vet helped her die peacefully, and that tore me apart.
Today a very good friend needed help getting her dog to the vet: he was 15 and very ill. We were both holding him when he died. I felt his heart stop.
And my girlfriend's cat, a rescue animal, old, terribly abused and mistreated before he came to us is losing his mind.

Couple this with all the sheer mania and I am having a jolly awful time of it.
Sorry, I just needed to vent a bit.

Re:

Stu, awfully easy to say and bloody difficult to do, I know....BUT:

Focus on all the good times, dig out all the old photo's of them, have a laugh, have a cry, try and concentrate on all the amazing times you had with them, how they perhaps helped you over come some particularly bad day by doing something stooopid like only animals can, nicking the Christmas turkey off the kitchen work top, falling in the pond, etc.... The days they were there by your side when no one or nothing else was, how they helped you through.

And at this stage, I wouldn't worry about going and getting yourself a rescue kitten, maybe even two, if you can afford to look after them properly. It's very raw right now, it will be for years maybe, but another animal goes a long way to healing quicker, not because they can replace the one you lost, but because they are different, another little character in their own way.

Good luck, vent all you like, and don't forget, it does get better, it's just not an overnight thing obviously.

All the best, Kaz

That is the only problem with pets - their life expectancy is not as long as ours :-(

Some (not all) people do not understand the strength of the bond between (wo)man and pet be it dog/cat/spider(?). Remember the good times, laugh at their idiosyncrasies and when you are ready find another victim that you can point and laugh at, cuddle and generally call your own.

Ade

chin up dude, sounds like you need a big bike rie ;)

take everyday as a small step, think positive thoughts and focus on good stuff

Latest posts

Back