Yob in London knocks off female cyclist!

That's the problem with a city the size of London - there's enough asswipes to ruin a significant number of people's day.

I'd usually encounter them a couple of times a year when I lived there - but sadly they are the ones you remember.

I hope the lady is OK and not put off cycling. After I was mugged and badly beaten cycling past Victoria Park - I avoided going out at night for about a year and would jump out of my skin everytime I saw a group of lads walking on the pavement next to where I was riding.

Re:

peice of shit send this video to london news channels spam them with it via email until its on tv
then we find who this asshole is i have a nice bike lock ready to knock his teeth out ;)

What I've read the woman hasn't been allowed to show the footage!

From the ITV.....

The woman was "fortunate" to get out of the road before being hit by any vehicle, Scotland Yard said.
She did not require medical treatment but was "very upset" following the incident.
The victim was able to contact police and download the footage of the incident recorded on her helmet camera.
Police have now released a picture of the man who attacked her on Friday 1 May.'
(from ITV)

Re:

Not that it in any way justifies the criminal actions of the pedestrian, the cyclist appears to have been in the wrong initially and the pedestrian was apologetic. Then it seems he got thrown a one finger salute.

What he did after was unforgivable, but that seems to have been the precipitant.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":dx7wjpns said:
Not that it in any way justifies the criminal actions of the pedestrian, the cyclist appears to have been in the wrong initially and the pedestrian was apologetic. Then it seems he got thrown a one finger salute.

What he did after was unforgivable, but that seems to have been the precipitant.

From the footage I didn't read it like that at all.

He is walking across a crossing when the red stop man is showing. Something off camera causes her to say "Please don't try and knock me off". My guess is that is not a simple near miss, but that he made some gesture to do so.

He then says "Shut up".

Presumably she then gives him the finger - and he chases her giving her verbal and pushes her off her bike.

I have had all manner of encounters in London. I had one pedestrian who simply ran straight across the road at top speed into me causing me to collide into railings and he carried on running (I was glad I had bar ends that day). Riding past one bus stop, one person waiting there tried to punch me while another aimed a kick. Some of the cyclists are no better either. One kid on a BMX chased me down the road after trying to ram his bike into mine from the pavement. I ended up grabbing his handlebars and steering him over to the side of the road for mine and his safety.

There are a lot of seriously stressed people down there who are in their own bubble, quite bonkers or actually psychopathic.

I doubt the idiot knocking the girl off the bike would have tried it with a male cyclist.
Clearly he has anger management issues.
But knowing the law here he will get a slapped wrist. I would give him attempted murder and a cell with Bronson.

Back