Does anyone buy vinyl records now ?

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have a record collection which I need to move on.
I am moving house next week and I am having a good clear out.
I have some new order, Inspiral carpets, mainly early 90's stuff loads of rave stuff, acid house etc.
But I have a few gems. Black sabbath, pink floyd etc. Anyone interested ?
Let me know.
Jeff.

Re:

You could try Discogs.com I think they buy records? Early rave stuff could still be at a premium. I know ended up mugging off all my early hardcore stuff ages ago as I didn't investigate selling it properly. There's def a market for vinyl still.

Re:

I still buy LP's, mostly off eBay and the odd one from charity shops. Why don't you list some of the Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd one's on eBay? They always sell quickly ;)

If you're in a hurry Ebay the lot, or separate the best to sell individually. Discogs is individual items only and isn't time limited like Ebay so run of the mill stuff takes a while unless dirt cheap.

If it's standard rave stuff, Trumpton, Praga Khan it's next to worthless. If it's 91-93 hardcore on desirable labels it can be expensive depending on the numbers they released.

Re:

Sabbath, Floyd etc value all based on the detail of the labels, pressings etc... You could get a feel from Discogs. Alternatively there is the rare record price guide (RRPG) published by Record Collector magazine. It's about £30 but could guide you as which records to concentrate on in terms of listing on eBay. Maybe your library would order a copy for you to borrow.
Rave and dance stuff won't be as well-covered by the RRPG.
Also remember that 'mint' copies will command double the value of even excellent played copies with the slightest mark.
I'm increasingly seeing late-80's, early to mid-90's stuff going up in price, indie, rock etc. look what you have to pay for an (original pressing) Oasis record!
Feel free to PM with any lists and I can check a few prices...

Re:

Early-late 90s stuff was not so popular on vinyl as it was on CD so some of the prices for stuff like Pulp, Oasis etc has gone through the roof if you have the right pressings.

We didn't buy into CD till about 96 and even then still bought vinyl where possible so some of my stuff is worth a fortune now. But the stuff that went out of fashion is pretty worthless.

So really depends what it is and how well it's stood the taste test of time. Bit like old MTBs really.

Back