Hermes- Parcel left with neighbour.-SUCCESS

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Got a loverly bit of kit off ebay last week and been waiting patiently but as ive got to go south for a few days for a funeral, I thought id ask if its sent.
Got a note to say so and the tracking number(also in an email sent on the 7th, my fault there) to find it was delivered to a neighbour who signed for it. That was the 11th at 1pm and the neighbour hasn't at least dropped it down to me.
OK to find out now a neighbour has it but im concerned just at the fact they made no attempt to be neighbourly and drop it down.
Ive taken parcels in and always delivered them to the person that night.

Ill have to check with everybody tomorrow and failing that ,hermes and maybe the police.
Set of neighbours above I don't get on with. Hope its not left with them.
Thing is ive about bumped into them all since the 11th and nobody have said anything.
This does not bode well. :(

This is just a very stressful week for the family. Last thing I need is to dealing with this too.

Re:

I dont expect my neighbour to hand the parcel in they've already done their bit by taking it in. I go round and thank them when I pick it up. But I always get a card through the door from the courier, "Sorry I missed you" and "Parcel it was left with your neighbour at **" quote from Hermes card.

Re:

Who has it will be on the card. No card then Hermes should have it and you should be able to see who signed for it as well.

If no luck then get claiming with whoever you bought it from so they can claim from Hermes.

That's the way it is.

P.s. I would always expect to go pick up the parcel from the neighbour, not have it delivered by them. Why should they keep trying to attempt to deliver it to you.
And vice versa.

Re: Re:

RobMac":1xu04g4z said:
I dont expect my neighbour to hand the parcel in they've already done their bit by taking it in. I go round and thank them when I pick it up. But I always get a card through the door from the courier, "Sorry I missed you" and "Parcel it was left with your neighbour at **" quote from Hermes card.

Yep, same. Sometimes I will pop it over if I can see they are definitely in, and sometimes they do the same for me.

Re: Hermes- Parcel left with neighbour.

Did they indicate what house/flat number the parcel had been left at? was it a "signed for" delivery service?

I've had deliveries before and they have left a card saying "Left with neighbour" when in fact it wasn't, the courier just hadn't been able to deliver it and still had it in their car!

Best check around your neighbours, and call Hermes again.

According to hermes,they delivered it to a small repair company around the corner. I know this as the received signature is the company name.
Typically theyre shut till Monday

Hermes delivery folk are franchised out locally so your local driver will remember where he left it and secondly should be able to pop round and assist you if needs be in recovering the item from where he/she left it, is they will be able to call the bluff of anybody seeking to keep your items for themselves.
Hammer away set myhermes, asking what they're gonna do to rectify it? The whole point of leaving with a neighbour is due to the fact that you probably know them and can trust them. To leave the item with somebody a street or two away, whom you probably have no knowledge of, is poor practise at best. Good luck.

Re:

Hermes were supposed to deliver something my wife bought off the internet.
The courier allegedly "made" 4 attempts at delivery but couldn't because nobody was in. A blatant lie as we or I on my own was in every day/time the courier said he "attempted" delivery. No card through door to say they'd tried, no evidence whatsoever anybody had been near us. We live at the side of a main road in countryside, anybody stops at all we see or hear them pull up outside our house. Nothing, nada, zilch. We got 3 or 4 audio text messages on home phone that were so garbled little sense could be made of them, suspected at time and now know they were from Hermes indicating they would attempt another delivery. No such thing happened.
The item was returned to seller as "we weren't in to receive it", contacted Hermes about the lies told by courier but they don't give a feck. They are pish.

A company that does distribution/carrying things, with a name one letter different from something less pleasant you can carry and distribute too.
I can guess what some people call them!

Personally I never have any trouble with them, except the occasional slow delivery.

Back