Onboard video of Vulcan doing display - really cool

Re:

Fantastic!

And it will be flying on the weekend of the 22nd/23rd August at the Shoreham Airshow, West Sussex.

Mike

I'm very much not an enthusiast for this kind of thing, but my folks live not too far from Yeovilton and I remember one summer afternoon (it would have been the air show) a few years back hearing an almighty roar from their garden and looking up to see this thing performing the maneuver at about 9:10 &10:20 on the video. Quite a sight.

Re:

I recently found out that an elderly neighbour of mine, who I have known for over twenty years was a Vulcan pilot. I only found this out when talking to another neighbour after the old chap moved into a retirement home.

When the Vulcan visited W-s-M a few weeks ago, Tom was on the sea front, watching, and I very much doubt anyone around him realised that he was a retired RAF pilot.

Although that demo is good to see, it is clear they are now being very gentle with the aircraft. Many years ago, when RAF Locking was still open, the Flowerdown air show used to be quite something, and I remember seeing a Vulcan being thrown around like a fighter.

My lasting memory was of the Vulcan flying low, all the way down the valley that ends in W-s-M. As he got to RAF Locking, the pilot pulled the nose up into a very steep climb.... and just kept it there until you could hear the engines, but even in a bright blue sky, you could hardly make out the shape of the Vulcan.

Re:

Wait till its return to Finningley on its very final flight in October, I don't think the pilot is going to quite so careful with it before it makes its last ever landing.

Been to see her fly a few times this year including taking off and landing at Finningley and its truly spectacular.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":5zxhm3iw said:
Fantastic!

And it will be flying on the weekend of the 22nd/23rd August at the Shoreham Airshow, West Sussex.

Mike

will be at Bournemouth on sunday 23rd also

Re: Re:

lumos2000":ks6hjv7k said:
Mike Muz 67":ks6hjv7k said:
Fantastic!

Mike

will be at Bournemouth on sunday 23rd also

My mistake, it's at Eastbourne THIS weekend! Maybe both Shoreham and Bournemouth next week!

Mike

Nice video :). I remember the old days of airshows when the tin triangle was rolled and spectators felt sick with the noise:). There's a poster on Scoobynet who flew one called Leslie :)

Shaun

Back