http://www.theguardian.com overtake a cyclist

Re:

If only I were given that much space!

If I'm with others, I'll always go single file on a single carriageway if there's cars approaching from behind.
Nearly got swiped this morning by an artic' who's driver HAD to overtake me, then swung in to avoid an island in the middle of the road.

And he's supposedly PROFESSIONAL, with a CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) card to prove it. Dick!
Rant over.
Oh hang on , no. also had to manoeuvre around a driving instructor's car today, ( whilst driving my lorry), that had parked on a double yellow line almost opposite another island at a roundabout.

AND -what have you started here Ernie? -while riding up Ditchling Beacon last year, I was overtaken by a learner under PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTION, on a blind bend and on the other side of the road. Before swerving back in to avoid a Landy coming the other way. In doing so, almost went onto a grass bank on the left. Wish I'd seen the bugger at the top, but they didn't stop at the car park. Good driving by the Landy driver to avoid a collision

Mike

Re:

But don't get me started :LOL: :LOL:

Some of the instructors really don't help matters. After all, they are at the root of some of the problems if they're preaching what they practice, to people who's only training is under them.
Not all, of course, but some.

Rant over. I think :evil: :evil:

For now :roll:

Mike

Re:

It's NOT FUNNY! :evil:

I see terrible driving every day in my job. No, I'm not a banger racer! :LOL: :LOL:
Not enough Police to police these idiots on the road.
I'm going to have nightmares tonight now, and it's all your fault ! :shock: :LOL:

Rant over, part III

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1yefy6uu said:
It's NOT FUNNY! :evil:

I see terrible driving every day in my job. No, I'm not a banger racer! :LOL: :LOL:
Not enough Police to police these idiots on the road.
I'm going to have nightmares tonight now, and it's all your fault ! :shock: :LOL:

Rant over, part III

Mike

love it :LOL:

Ernie ;)

Re:

We 'enjoy' a huge influx of visitors at this time of year, many pulling caravans.

Yesterday while performing an overtake of a large caravan being towed by an equally large Mercedes saloon on the M5 not far from Taunton, the driver of the Merc decided it was illegal for a lowly Skoda to overtake his clearly superior (read expensive) Merc, and so put his foot down. To make life more interesting, some local estate agent decided that my back bumper (or as near as possible) was the very best place for his front bumper. I therefore have nowhere to go but forward, fast, as I was in the outside lane.

I eventually passed the Merc by doing 85 MPH, still with the car behind about a foot off my bumper.

I don't scare easily, too many years of motorcycling and several years of single seater circuit racing have seen to that, but if frightens the hell out of me that I am sharing the road with these lunatics whether I am in a car, on my bike or on my horse.

As for the video, I saw it the other day on Road CC with all the cynical twats there pulling it to pieces. I think it should be run on every TV channel, during prime time, football and other sporting events at least once an hour for a month. And, the Govt should have made it and paid for it.

Back