George W. Bush and I find common ground

Repack Rider

Senior Retro Guru
No way Mr. Bush and I are going to agree on anything political. But he is a passionate mountain biker. When I was asked to sign a copy of Fat Tire Flyer for him, I was honored. Mr. Bush responded with a very nice handwritten note:

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for signing Fat Tire Flyer. It is a very interesting history of the sport I love. I'm rollin' as much as my 69 year old legs will allow -- Ride on!

George W. Bush

Blimey. I mean blimey. He got your Autograph.

Oh and I got my copy two days ago, it's bloody marvelous. Thanks Charlie, truly and deeply, thanks.

While I'm no fan of the guy's politics - I always suspected that he was far smarter and thoughtful than his public persona.

Re:

Public figures attract blind categorisation. Few of us know much about George W Bush.

We just found out a little more though. That as a man he values people like Charlie, and recognises his contribution to modern culture.

That speaks well for the man.

I like his paintings too, but he still hasn't answered my letters on the Hegelian Dialectic, nor expanded on how it was applied in furthering the USA's interests globally during postmodernity, especially his era as President.

Or maybe he did, and I mistook it for a thankyou letter from my three year old nephew.

doctorstewie":qzx7qneq said:
Oh and I got my copy two days ago, it's bloody marvelous. Thanks Charlie, truly and deeply, thanks.

Wanna sign my fisher ? :p :twisted: :LOL:

Actually, I don't have one :(

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":ysfcobq0 said:
Public figures attract blind categorisation. Few of us know much about George W Bush.

We just found out a little more though. That as a man he values people like Charlie, and recognises his contribution to modern culture.

That speaks well for the man.

I like his paintings too, but he still hasn't answered my letters on the Hegelian Dialectic, nor expanded on how it was applied in furthering the USA's interests globally during postmodernity, especially his era as President. Or maybe he did, and I mistook it for a thankyou letter from my three year old nephew.

You don't really expect a politician to answer questions about such deep and deeply guarded secrets, do you?

Re:

:) Straight outa Compton, don't you know! Well....they lived there for a wee bit, anyway. Here he is on an early 4-wheel prototype klunker....

Attachments

• w compton.jpg
    w compton.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 355
Back