Skype help please - stupid MS have bu55ered it up again

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction... I recently upgraded skype on my PC to whatever the latest version is called. My PC is running win 8.1. After the update, I was asked to sign in again. I couldn't, as I can't remember the password (didn't need it each time I opened the old skype, it opened into my account automatically). Sent a password reset request, nothing. Sent another one, and nothing. Sent a few more, still nothing... And no, they're not in spam or trash.

So today I needed to call, and created a new account to call some skype contacts. Thought I'd try again with the password reset for the old account, but they sent me reset emails for the new one :facepalm:

So at the moment I have absolutely no way to access my account, my contacts, and the 10 quid I was automatically charged not long ago with the auto-recharge feature.

I have finally managed to contact them through the support page, but must admit to not feeling at all hopeful that it will have a happy ending.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Skype was very good before microsoft got hold of it and screwed it all up (as they do with everything else they get hold of). And I'm still not sure why I need so many passwords and accounts for windows... windows accounts, other accounts linked to windows accounts for things to work, why must we be forced into intergrating everything, and the mess that creates? Windows XP with individual programs was a billion times better than what we have now. damn microsoft... :x :x :x I'd be an apple fanboy if they weren't so damn expensive :LOL:

rant over, sorry!

Re:

My skpe just uses my Microsoft account password, same one you log in with. Assuming you're not using a local account.
In windows 10 it easy to get help as you just chat online through the help app.

You'll just have to find out if they can fix it.

Re:

thanks - sorted now :facepalm:

turns out that even though they were sending mail to my registered skype username account, since the automatic login was with my windows account, then that was what I should have been using to login...

I still really do not understand the logic behind all the accounts, and having various emails associated to the same thing (if anyone would care to enlighten me then that would be great!), but at least it's working and I have my account back again :)

thanks!

Back