Queueing etiquette

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Shall I kick it off?Big queue at the deli counter on my lunch hour today,held up by the self absorbed busybody announcing"now what will I have,no,I dont like that,ooh no I dont like that"etc,genuinely thinking that the deli staff give a flying fcuk on what she likes and needs a guided tour of whats available :evil: .Queueing etiquette should be compulsory in schools!

Now I'm no tennis fan.

But to see people in a queue for days for a ticket when the likes of Forsyth, Beckham and his entourage, Wogan, Richards and other so called "celebrities" who have no interest in the sport just waltz in depriving proper fans the chance to see a game really gets me going.

66 triumph daytona":1ok47x4q said:
. . .held up by the self absorbed busybody announcing"now what will I have,no,I dont like that,ooh no I dont like that" . . .

at thge risk of being controversial, how deep do you want to go?

in my view there are a great many self centred individuals who live in our society and only think of themselves - they have no concept of what "civilised society" actually means. Doubt they will ever change as they are too thick (skinned?) to notice

then you have folks who buy in to the political and cultural rhetoric that the UK is a 'dog eat dog' world and you have to look out for number one - we can thank the political climate of 1990s for that one

Me, I'd move to Scandinavia or Holland in a heartbeat if I could get enough work there - much more "civilised" countries

Not quite on topic but related...why do women, who have been queuing, always seem to forget that after packing their shopping, YES, you do actually have to pay for it! Then those behind endure another 5 mins queuing as she finds her purse, which is usually at the bottom bag. Then there's the saga of loyalty cards!

Ladies...get your money ready please!

I agree with all the above but would add that, after just returning ti live in the UK after many years in Paris, UK queues are wonderful in comparison to what you would experience in a French supermarket.

Cumisky":2s32h3jn said:
I agree with all the above but would add that, after just returning ti live in the UK after many years in Paris, UK queues are wonderful in comparison to what you would experience in a French supermarket.

quite, other places with not so "English" etiquette: Italy, Spain and almost anywhere in South America - and Argos

Germany I found ok though

Off topic but I once had a 'right go' (being actually pretty rude to them, and very loud - not hitting them!) at an old chap who "appeared" in front of me in a shop queue. Afterwards, my mate who was with me, told me the chap had been the all the time :oops:

Cumisky":2ice7zta said:

Is it as bad as Aldi? When a new till opens people are practically running to it.

Rampage":3qio6ha4 said:
Cumisky":3qio6ha4 said:

Is it as bad as Aldi? When a new till opens people are practically running to it.
The Aldi/Lidl sweepstakes,Paddy Power is missing out on a nice little earner....

Back